please help! b series engine problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugenRR

Banned
Okay i whle i was driving my car i was hittin 3rd all the way true 9500rpm then i heard a backfire. Then i was going to make a turn and my brake was stiff and after the backfire or loud pop same s**t my rpm needle went all the way down like if my car was turned off. Now i try to turn it on it goes wi wi wi wi and my car shakes and it wants to turn off but i stopped cuz its not safe. Could it be my gas pump. Any suggestions :( im really worried i hope i didnt blow the engine,but my friend blew his engine n oil was leaking but idont know any more expirience people can give me a hand thank you!

Ill give the return back and help people or you at my knowledge,hey maybe u dont know something that i know. Thank you

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
Wow....

If you don't have supporting mods(rods, valvetrain) to crank 9500 Rpms then you shouldn't....

Have you checked your oil? Were you tuned to run that high of Rpms?

MugenRR

Banned
I got it done about 1 1/2 year ago, never been tuned,stock engine,

ima check the oil right now thanks for ur reply and may i ask what is the "wow" for lol

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
Because no stock Honda b series engine revs that high stock lol....

You could have floated a valve or put a rod through your block.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, you definitely shouldn't be riding the rev limiter, especially if your car doesn't have an aftermarket ignition system. The factory sets a super high rev limit/fuel cutoff, because they are never supposed to be reached. An aftermarket ignition system allows you to set a lower rev limit/fuel cutoff so that you won't do damage to the engine. By the time the factory rev limit is hit, its too late. Hitting the factory rev limiter could blow a head gasket, especially if it is done a lot. I'm not guaranteeing this is the problem(I hope it isn't), but you should definitely check the head gaskets. All of this is based on something I read, it has never happened to me personally.

MugenRR

Banned
yeah i hope its something minor like that, i was just checking my oil and its good.
also i saw a f**king thief already looking at my s**t n i called him out n that nigga did not
get out the car and burned off, f**king thieves

MugenRR

Banned
Yeah, you definitely shouldn't be riding the rev limiter, especially if your car doesn't have an aftermarket ignition system. The factory sets a super high rev limit/fuel cutoff, because they are never supposed to be reached. An aftermarket ignition system allows you to set a lower rev limit/fuel cutoff so that you won't do damage to the engine. By the time the factory rev limit is hit, its too late. Hitting the factory rev limiter could blow a head gasket, especially if it is done a lot. I'm not guaranteeing this is the problem(I hope it isn't), but you should definitely check the head gaskets. All of this is based on something I read, it has never happened to me personally.
I aint going to lie i raced my car about 7 times and the rest i just drive it a few and garage it due to no security except my gun but i avoid problems as much as possible

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How'd you even manage to get to 9500 rpm on a stock motor?

MugenRR

Banned
How'd you even manage to get to 9500 rpm on a stock motor?
me and my dad worked on it ;) that is how i take turbo g35 sedans i still have power after 8500. I hope its not that i took it to 9500 and it was due to something else but i hope my dad can figuere it out.
Why u cant hit 9500?

savage Dreams

Savage Creations
5+ Year Member
me and my dad worked on it ;) that is how i take turbo g35 sedans i still have power after 8500. I hope its not that i took it to 9500 and it was due to something else but i hope my dad can figuere it out.
Why u cant hit 9500?
stock ecu's have a rev limiter and what the first thing I would do is check your timing you may have jumped timing I had a hatch a while back that did that it back fired then died. well what happened is the timing belt skipped a few teeth. My firing order went from 1342 to 3421 weird right? check it out and let me know

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
Lol I hate to break it to you but you do NOT make power after 8500 if you have stock cams...

MugenRR

Banned
Lol I hate to break it to you but you do NOT make power after 8500 if you have stock cams...
sorry to burst ur bubble but who ever told u that is just hattin on me.
Well i found the problem it was an electrical problem :suprise: thannnkkkkk god it has nothing to
do with the engine =)

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sorry to burst ur bubble but who ever told u that is just hattin on me.
Well i found the problem it was an electrical problem :suprise: thannnkkkkk god it has nothing to
do with the engine =)
No, you're bubble is bursted. It ain't making s**t up there. The power band will look like it's falling off a mountain. Look up a dyno graph. Don't go past 8200.

savage Dreams

Savage Creations
5+ Year Member
No, you're bubble is bursted. It ain't making s*** up there. The power band will look like it's falling off a mountain. Look up a dyno graph. Don't go past 8200.
im not sure about after 8200 but my b16 pulls hard all the way to 8100 or just shy of red line. i cant be too sure but my old civic pulled all the way to 9k if I remember correctly

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
end the debate and just post up a video of you going to 9500rpm on a stock motor..easy as that

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
This dyno isn't even for a stock motor either.... Look at how it falls flat on it's face. B18c

MugenRR

Banned
Okay,what do i have to do with someone else s**t?
i would put it but i know the conclusion if i post a video,me being jacked n everyone is going to talk s**t lol so na

MugenRR

Banned
damn 224 hp with a turbo,correct me if im wrong.damnn i wouldnt mind helping who ever car is that cuz something is wrong for sure no doubt about it.
my car makes like 230whp

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your all talk dude^^^^^ you have no proof and you wont post a video of you hitting 9500 RPM
get off here

Status
Not open for further replies.