Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's not possible.

cuetip

Registered VIP
thats just it, i got the amp from the main audioque dealer here in okc.. but i thought i was getting a good deal got the sub and box for 200 bucks.. but anyways i was pounding the s**t out of that 15 yesterday and looked in my truck and seen smoke comimg from inside the box, then the woofer just stopped and lethal yes its possible

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No it isn't. Not with your set up. There is something else wrong. I have been installing stereo systems since before you even knew what a car was. I have had amps that are rated WAY over what the sub was stated for and nothing happened. Distortion is what kills them 90% of the time, NOT power.

I would put money on the quality of the product (or set up) as opposed to the power being the reason for it's demise.

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats what u get for buying audiocrap, i mean audioque

Get a sundown amp next time.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i wish i had room for a good system, im gonna have to custom make some kicker panels and put some 8's in it, and put some 6x9's behind the seats. :( f**king small ass cab

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have my amp under my passenger seat but it gets pretty hot. Its never shut off on me before but summer is coming up and I live in Texas so I dont want to risk it. I opened it up and I saw that the vents are on the bottom ('da fuq? heat rises) and the motherboard is mounted from the top.

So what I did is flip it upside down like so. Is it okay?

Lid off (I put it back on, I only did this for the picture.)

and how it is right now, of course the seat is back on.