Post Your Tintage...and tell me where

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is what it looks like now. front was as dark as the back but got stopped on a sunday then a tuesday and suday was the first one. dunno what it is cause i bought the car with it on but if i had to guess it was 10% all around.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5% How I miss you!

Civic has 50% at the front and 15% everywhere else because the 5-0 rolled me and I had to get it fixed up.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tnk said:
u do know the higher the percentage the lighter it is right?
isn't it the other way around? the % described is the tint % (not the light coming im) so the larger the % the darker it is right? correct me if im wrong...

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got no tint! except back window is like 50%

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mhi said:
isn't it the other way around? the % described is the tint % (not the light coming im) so the larger the % the darker it is right? correct me if im wrong...
tnk is right.....the smaller percentages means more light blocked.

ex: 5%....you can think of it like 5% light allowed in or 95% light blocked out.

but yeah smaller numbers mean darker tint. popular percents are 5(limo tint), 30, 35

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i have 2 1/2% in back and back sides......and 20% up in the front sides: its dark trust me lol

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Don't know the % where i did mine, they only ask me if I wanted "light, medium or dark" I chose medium and they did the all the windows and sunroof except for the front one.
Where: Tijuana, Mexico
$$$$$: $50

I had them for over 2 years now and they still look good=)

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Seksi...Bmyers, that EP3 looks hot. I hope I see it sometime soon...But anyways, I'm thinkin 50% in front, 5% windshield strip, and nothing below 15% in the back but nothing more that 35%. I'm just worried about night time! haha.Suggestions?Night pics of trying to reverse?

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude...dont worry about visibility....i have 5% in the back and rear windows and i see just fine...never have had a problem. i do have 20/20 vision though so maybe that helps.

50 in the front blows ass....check the rules for illinois and i sugggest you go as low as they allow. i would have gone lower in the frton but michigan only allows 35 in the front 2 windows...otherwise it would have 5% all around for me.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright. Hey what you up to on Thursday?I'm gonna order these sleeves tomorrow when I get my $ so hopefully they'll be here by then...

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends...i am 2/3 into the interview process for Enterprise...so hopefully i ll have a job by then...if not ill be home....i am hoping my h&r limiteds come tomorrow so i can put them on. if i am not doing anything youre more than welcome to come do it cause i get f**king bored...sicne my girl is in mexico 2..i am home bored out of my ass. let me know. you got my number.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
97GreenEX said:
Seksi...Bmyers, that EP3 looks hot. I hope I see it sometime soon...But anyways, I'm thinkin 50% in front, 5% windshield strip, and nothing below 15% in the back but nothing more that 35%. I'm just worried about night time! haha.Suggestions?Night pics of trying to reverse?
are u serious? thats a little excessive dude

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5% back 20% fronts, 20% sunstrip ... been pulled over once in 2 years and that was cause it was 3 in the morning and she used it as an excuse to pull a sobriety test .... after i blew a .000 she just gave me a verbal warning. (California says 70% fronts, and sunstrip can only be 6", mine is 10")

Mr Tint and Alarm
Sacramento, CA
Not sure how much just the tint was, removal of old tint on back 3 windows, a pager alarm, and new tint was $500

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Astheros said:
depends...i am 2/3 into the interview process for Enterprise...so hopefully i ll have a job by then...if not ill be home....i am hoping my h&r limiteds come tomorrow so i can put them on. if i am not doing anything youre more than welcome to come do it cause i get f**king bored...sicne my girl is in mexico 2..i am home bored out of my ass. let me know. you got my number.
Good luck with the job then. And I got a new phone...So go ahead and PM me...hehe.

d16y8vtec

5+ Year Member
yea if ur in the chicagoland area go to this place called east side window tinting they have been in business for like 30 years they do great work.... the number is 773 731 0428 call and set up a app. and its on 3950 E. 105th st.

jm418

5+ Year Member
when i had my old white eg, i had 5% in the back and 20% in the front and it was kinda scary backing up at night because you could hardly see s**t especially if there is no light. i think i'll be going witha 35% all around with my new car.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
jm418 said:
when i had my old white eg, i had 5% in the back and 20% in the front and it was kinda scary backing up at night because you could hardly see s**t especially if there is no light. i think i'll be going witha 35% all around with my new car.
i had 35 before and it just doesnt seem dark enough to me

jm418

5+ Year Member
watisjdm said:
i had 35 before and it just doesnt seem dark enough to me
yea its not that dark but does keep some of the light out...my car would look nice with 20% tints if i had black rims but i have gunmetal gray...and i think the lighter tint looks nicer with it...plus i dont want punk kids wondering what i have in my car and breaking my window to find nothing there...thats just me...bad past experiance's :???:

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
d16y8vtec said:
yea if ur in the chicagoland area go to this place called east side window tinting they have been in business for like 30 years they do great work.... the number is 773 731 0428 call and set up a app. and its on 3950 E. 105th st.
Sweet.Are they expensive?