Product Photos Thread. Post them here!

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well..i was gonna attempt some but my camera died..guess it didnt charge like it was supposed to. and my charger is in the car for some reason, and its pouring rain like it has been for the past 2 weeks so i guess ill do it later

abs0Lut

Rockin' in the free world
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was just giving you some tips. just simple changes and itll make it look alot better! from what absolut said he doesnt use a light box, he just had 2 pieces of paper.
A slight bit of miscommunication here, I do use a light box(if you really wanna call it that) and what I use for a backdrop is 2 pieces of paper. :D

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lighting was hard to get cause all i was using was the light coming from the ceiling. hopefully i will be getting a dslr soon(d40)

sry for the big pics

(this is the first time i had ever tried this, tell me what u think.)
I think these are awesome for your first try, given your lighting they look realllly good, great job man.

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah, that sucks. if it wasnt for your lighting being incandescent i think ud be fine with the whitebalance too
If he had a DSLR he would be fine, simple change of the white balance setting would do the job. My pics are always a slight bit orange/pink before they hit my computer, a temperature change usually does the trick though.

TomTomTuning

PhotoG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My home made "Studio in a box"...
Took a cardboard, cut the sides out and used tracing paper to cover.
Then got some white construction paper for the seamless.

Gear:
40D w/ 28-135mm
580exII left
Vivitar right.
Triggered with Cactus V2's

1/250 f20 ISO100 @80mm

The vivitar was only Full power, so i had to match that output on my 580exII. Hence the f20.

Phil's .40 cal Handgun.

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I remember that shot from a while back. Wish I had a gun like that to shoot :P.

TomTomTuning

PhotoG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I remember that shot from a while back. Wish I had a gun like that to shoot :P.
ah crap i didnt know i posted this.. haha it was the only product picture i had and i notice it wasn't in this thread.

I bet i posted it up in the "Random photo" Thread

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah you did lol. ill hopefully be making my light box just like the one on strobist. and ill get my friend to bring over is springfield 40 cal pistol =) damn the bullets he has are mean looking lol. major hallow points

TomTomTuning

PhotoG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I made my box at a friends house and while i was transporting it home i poked the paper. Havent fixed it yet.

I should get a fabric to replace it, i have some rip stop nylon in my garage from when i made a light modifier.

TomTomTuning

PhotoG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well yeah, but that stuff is cheap, and ill look around when i get a chance to go, prob next week

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bet if someone really wanted to they could use 4 sheets of printer paper and tape them into a cube without a bottom or front for their light box. All they would need other than the printer paper would be a more rectangular piece of black or white poster paper for the seamless backdrop. Might give it a try. I want something bigger as well, can't really fit anything relatively big in my box.