Project DE-Rice!! Slow but steady!

Caymanized

New to Civics... Be nice!
Stick with the stock body? Well if it turns out to be too much work that will put the DD out of commission for an extended period of time, then I won't mess with it, I'll just add a front/rear lip and find some mild skirts and go from there. I think the 6th gen V2 is the one I like... Let me find a pic... here's the CL ad I found. I really want this one, but I just don't justify paying 5700 for a 11 year old car. http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/1917248322.html

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5 grand would be worth it.. Shoot even 5700 would be worth it... Civics hold the value well... But if your looking to buy one there is a guy on here with a hot ass fully built h22 copper color civic

Caymanized

That WOULD be nice! My biggest thing is I get budget projects, because no matter how snazzy something is, I always have to put my touch on it.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well that car is perfect, because IMO it needs some extras like I would paint match the skirts and such, then maybe get some sick rims for it... And who knows from there, just extras =)

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's not that it's not possible its that it doesn't look good IMO... But that is me... That CRX looks bad ass... WIth some work that would be bad ass

Caymanized

True that. I contemplated buying it, but passed it up for our little 600 dollar gas sipper. IMO, if you do any kind of gen swap anything on a car, you should at least make sure the body lines are somewhat close. An early CRX with a 01 front? Kinda like a square peg in a round hole... or visa versa. I give them points for creativity, but not my cup of tea. I just want a 00 SI front end conversion and MAYBE a rear end conversion. Just to be different I guess =)

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wish I shaved my bay... Maybe I'll do it whenever I pull my engine out again, if I'm not too lazy.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True that. I contemplated buying it, but passed it up for our little 600 dollar gas sipper. IMO, if you do any kind of gen swap anything on a car, you should at least make sure the body lines are somewhat close. An early CRX with a 01 front? Kinda like a square peg in a round hole... or visa versa. I give them points for creativity, but not my cup of tea. I just want a 00 SI front end conversion and MAYBE a rear end conversion. Just to be different I guess =)
Yea dude they did good, it looks pretty good! Just do what makes you happy... And what you can realistic do... The biggest thing I hate is OH IM DOING THIS, DO it then never paint match it or whatever.....
I wish I shaved my bay... Maybe I'll do it whenever I pull my engine out again, if I'm not too lazy.
Yea dude I wasn't going to, but then I was like why not, its not gonna run for a few yrs so what the hell.... Might as well have fun =)

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well Updates!

So here is the bay thus far!

First Box of Crap!

Yes the tires are backwards lol... But don't care for now...

Harness in the Car...

Battery going to the trunk, Fuse box to the glove Box

XLR879

looks hella good man cant wait to see the progress as you go along i think theres a thread about hiding the brake lines or u can go ghetto liek one guy did and just bend them down behind the motor lol anyways awesome updates cant wait to see more sorry for posting that thread with just my thread address think ti confused a few people lol on a side note that a nice bike in the pic cbr 929 maybe lol

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks hella good man cant wait to see the progress as you go along i think theres a thread about hiding the brake lines or u can go ghetto liek one guy did and just bend them down behind the motor lol anyways awesome updates cant wait to see more sorry for posting that thread with just my thread address think ti confused a few people lol on a side note that a nice bike in the pic cbr 929 maybe lol
LOL no it is a 95 CBR 900RR
You can see it in the background.... Both my buddys bikes, not a huge fan of the front but its a sick bike....

So as far as the lines we are going to get new lines and run them into the inside.

Caymanized

No way to go braided all the way? I know that you need the strength and integrity of the steel lines, but I think it would at least LOOK cool with the SS braided all the way until out of eyesight.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No way to go braided all the way? I know that you need the strength and integrity of the steel lines, but I think it would at least LOOK cool with the SS braided all the way until out of eyesight.
Braided would be hot in the bay and may be used in some area's but the main is going to be steel... I have also considered doing AN fittings some how with a black steel line, I think that would be hott....

Caymanized

I'm a pretty unique character, add my meds from the Army, and a little beer, and it's one helluva ride for all involved.