Question about exhaust and installing.

Honda904

Muffler shops know what they are doing. That is what they do to put food on the table and keep the roof over their heads. If you bring something to them they can put it in. Or like I said before just tell them what you want to do and they will have something that will work.

Are you planning on welding in your own stuff, is this why you keep asking? If so, you need to get some piping and some material for the new hangers and get to measuring and cutting...
I was planning on taking it to the shop. So extra piping is needed ok.

Honda904

These two items are the exact same thing. All that the shop will do is possibly unbolt your existing muffler (the larger and rusted one) and bolt on the new aftermarket muffler. If you welded on the bottom image to the end of the first image, you are going to have a really weird looking setup.

Options are either (a) bolt on the new on after unbolting the old or (b) cutting the old one just before the bowl and welding on the aftermarket.

In any case, as stated before by Lethal, the sound will all depend on the aftermarket muffler you are placing onto your exhaust. You also have the option of adding a silencer afterwards (helps most mufflers from sounding really "ricey" and quiets your **** down a bit lol)

note: the second image doesn't show any hangers so that might need to be welded on in the event you go with option a (assuming for some reason your aftermarket muffler doesn't have them attached).
I figured thanks. The aftermarket mufflers I've seen don't all have hangers. I guess you weld them yourself.