Question about the $50 eBay header..

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have a D16Y7 and if im not mistaken, the cat is right after the header.. Is this true?
I REALLY want to order the eBay header tomorrow but not if it deletes the cat.

Thanks all! Btw, the EX and DX both have the same o2 sensors? I really dont want to go throwing some CEL's with this header.

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes, cat is after the header on the y7's. Just get a test pipe or another cat and everything will be fine

ryanM

To pass emissions test you do.
must suck to have emissions testing. my car shoots 2ft flames all day and cops dont say s**t about it.

back on topic. of course the cat comes after the header, its impossible to have it the other way around....

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you dont need a cat any way.
Here in Cali you are f**ked if caught without one.
back on topic. of course the cat comes after the header, its impossible to have it the other way around....
Oh I know that, but I was asking if the cat was RIGHT AFTER the header, not after it somewhere along the 15' of exhaust piping.

ryanM

Here in Cali you are f**ked if caught without one.

Oh I know that, but I was asking if the cat was RIGHT AFTER the header, not after it somewhere along the 15' of exhaust piping.
why didnt you just go out and look at your car?

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All you have to do is get a used ex cat and buy an exhaust system for an ex.

JDMNorth

Work In Progress.
5+ Year Member
Your cat is part of your "Header"

It's the one that looks EXACTLY like a tomato soup can, Like...EXFUCKINGACTLY.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In order to run that header, you will need an ex cat and a new cat back. THen you'll be good to go.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
=/
So in other words im f**ked?

Man, I really wanted that header too.
Y7's are a bit more to mod, money wise, since the cat and the header are one piece on the stock manifold. So yes, you "are f**ked".

Just spend like $100 for a magnaflow hi-flow cat and custom make your own exhaust system for cheaper than a brand name cat-back.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
meh, spend the money. You'll be happier.

drekoe

5+ Year Member
just get the hedder. it's not like if you get stopped by the piggy's they will check your engine bay. get it and keep it somewhere. whenever smog time comes up, swap over the stock hedder with cat, and then swap it out again.

kidsamston

I am DM Kid Samston
5+ Year Member
just get the hedder. it's not like if you get stopped by the piggy's they will check your engine bay. get it and keep it somewhere. whenever smog time comes up, swap over the stock hedder with cat, and then swap it out again.
ahhh it feels so good to do crap right under there noses

da hulk

5+ Year Member
just buy it i had one on my d16y7 nd the check engine light came on but theres a diy on how to get it off....nd its not dat loud....so da cops wont say s**t