Question For You God People...

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No wonder I didn't stick with it! :lol:

Not so much on the short shorts and tank tops.... I think that's a Baptist thing

If short shorts were taboo then John Stockton would have been run out of Salt Lake City on a rail. :rolf:

and I'm pretty sure that all of the religions of the God of Abraham frown on masturbation...too bad for them!
lol the tank tops and the short shorts are a newer thing--something about dressing....er unrevealingly? lol i don't know.

i was mormon "briefly" while i had a mormon boyfriend. funny how that happens, eh? i never abided by the tank top rule (i adore tank tops)....and they made a joke one time about how the rule is for girls....and older guys who wear those short shorts :lol::lol: I guess the rule is that shorts should be at the knee or lower. o_O

as for the masturbation rules....what's up with that?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know to most mainstream Christians, Latter Day Saints are weird: I mean LDS believe that Jesus Christ visited the Mayans and Aztecs (based on John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. .) They back this up with the fact that many Native cultures upon meeting European explorers thought them to be "The Second Coming of the Great White God".

I know, it sounds silly. :lol:

But nothing is quite as crazy as a Pentacostal or Charismatic Christian Church.

When they stand on the "Word of God" they literally stand on their Bibles.
They take the Bible verbatim, letter of the law
And when the Holy Spirit comes over them, LOOK OUT!, rolling and lurching about, speaking in tongues...etc...

It's a freak show!

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, i've seen people start rolling around on the ground and speaking in tongues.....it wasn't encouraging me to go to their church. I just came for the Easter play......which I though was going to be about the Easter Bunny. lol.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i studied w/ a guy, spent alot of time searching for religions....went to a few of those churches where they do their holy spirit dance, scream and shout, then slap your forhead and heal you.....

he said they called him on stage one time, did a bunch of mumbo jumbo, then hit him in the forhead....he just stood there for a second while everyone on stage stared at him....he finally felt so embarassed that he just decided to fall over like everyone else...and the crowd went wild :lol:

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Heres the deal. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW OLD THE EARTH IS. The real idea behind true Christianity is: To believe that Christ died for your sins, repent for your sins, accept Christ into your heart, change your ways to live a more Godly life and honor him. That's all that matters. Not when dinosaurs died, not what types of animals were on the Ark. Nothing else matters but the simple basis of your relationship with Christ, trying to live WWJD (as tacky as that sounds its a real simple way to live a Christian life), and your desire to see other people come (not forced or badgered into it) to Christ. Allot of "Christians" miss this point and get caught up in religion (rules the Church has decided are fact) and push allot of potential Christians away. Don't be fooled by these TV preachers allot of the are scam artists and they do great damage to true Christianity.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think people ask WWJD as long as it fits into their lifestyle....

jesus spent the time after his baptism PREACHING, nonstop, about gods coming kingdom....how many "christians" do that?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if everyone who called themselves a christian preached all the time... i'd lock myself in the house and never speak to anyone. that would be crazy, imo.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i studied w/ a guy, spent alot of time searching for religions....went to a few of those churches where they do their holy spirit dance, scream and shout, then slap your forhead and heal you.....

he said they called him on stage one time, did a bunch of mumbo jumbo, then hit him in the forhead....he just stood there for a second while everyone on stage stared at him....he finally felt so embarassed that he just decided to fall over like everyone else...and the crowd went wild :lol:
:rolf:

omFG! lol. i giggled hella loudly at this. lol. :rolf:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha....it was funny hearing him tell the story...the look on his face was hilarious

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hahah thats great. my mom goes to an assembly of god church penecostal church. i can appreciate some of the holy spirit business, but i think that it becomes overdone and part of a show. speaking in tongues is biblical, but i think that a lot of people just do it to fit in and feel entitled.

idk. i shouldn't judge i guess.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
jesus saves, but ludicrous withdraws ?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jesus doesn't save!

Jesus is always short of cash.

I know this because some preacher on TV, at any given hour of the day, is always trying to hustle some cash for Jesus.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
we are all going to die anyway. Bush is threating WW III on iran

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
actually, dank for bush to threaten world war III, it would require the world to be behind either him or iran...

hence, "world war."

and i wouldn't worry about us all dying because of a massive war. i think thats an outdated outlook on the apocolypse. lol. the whole world ending from nukes theory was big in the 70's i think that the hot thing these days is pandemic or worldspread economic recession.

crazy kids

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"God made weed, Man made alcohol. Who you trust?"

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"God made weed, Man made alcohol. Who you trust?"

Actually, God made alcohol.

Bees would abandon a hive. The honey would ferment. Cavemen would find the naturally occuring Mead and get mad shithammered drunk. Cavemen started to migrate to find more booze.

I think the search for some Barenjager was the actual reason homo habilis left Africa.:lol: