racing seats? vs stock si seats

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree with you on almost all of it, but one exception. Now keep in mind that they are something like $2500 a piece but Porsche GT3 RS carbon race seats are recline-able. I have customers that rape their GT3 RS's at the track so they must be track certified.
Stock seats don't need to pass tech because well, factory seats are crash tested lol. But yes the GT3 RS Carbon seats are extremely nice. My friend has a 997 GT3 that he swapped his stock seats out for those carbon ones and they are yummy, the suede feels great and very comfortable. But yes, $300 is very different than $2500...

I like Netami Seats they have a good range of colors and they are very comfortable. I also seen a bunch of good reviews of the seats and they are suspension seats. They have some that are 142 a piece and some that are 220 a piece and the rails for them are less than 25 bucks! they're great seats! and if u get the Netami renegade seats (the 220 dollar ones) u dont need brackets cause they come with universal sliders.
You really trust your a$$, literally, sitting on sub-$25 rails during a crash? Remember the seatbelt buckle attaches to the rail..

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stock seats don't need to pass tech because well, factory seats are crash tested lol. But yes the GT3 RS Carbon seats are extremely nice. My friend has a 997 GT3 that he swapped his stock seats out for those carbon ones and they are yummy, the suede feels great and very comfortable. But yes, $300 is very different than $2500...
I see your point about stock and crash testing. There is a huge difference between crash testing and any kind of testing they do or don't do in the aftermarket cheap seats. Plus the standards in Europe where the cars are made are a lot higher. The suede is definitely a different class. It is totally different than the suede that you get at an upholstery shop. Trust me, I've looked and it is VERY expensive to get any where near same stuff.

civexspeedy said:
You really trust your a$$, literally, sitting on sub-$25 rails during a crash? Remember the seatbelt buckle attaches to the rail..
+10000000 to that. I never understood why people cheap out on such important stuff as seats, belts, and steering wheels & hubs. Might as well not wear your seat belt, you are ending up with your face in the windshield anyway.

boxinggsxr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
+10000000 to that. I never understood why people cheap out on such important stuff as seats, belts, and steering wheels & hubs. Might as well not wear your seat belt, you are ending up with your face in the windshield anyway.[/QUOTE]

nice point i hadnt thought about that from that point of view, but yes thats like my suspension i couldve bought the cheap ebay kind but it was better to wait a lil longer and buy the real ones from f2.

DMaldonado93

well if u think the brackets are not safe u can just buy the renegade model and it comes with universal seat rails

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your going to be cheap about a safety item DON'T do it. There is a reason the top brands are expensive its called they will be there when you need them and not break with your back in a crash.

DMaldonado93

yeah i agree u should never cut corners on safety but netami is a reputable brand and its all good quality parts

boxinggsxr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i give the idea then on the cheap custom bracket ..but a guy is askn 100 for his black with red stitching cloth rsx seats plus my stock ones they look nice and are more comfortable, and the bracket lines up i forgot what kind it was but it looks alright. What do most of you recommend cuz the stock grey ones look Ugly are im just tired of them.
-I want a different look mostly ctr no crazy bodykit n stuff - not looking to buy the real type r seats cuz they cost to much
what would you guys do

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I swapped for del sol seats! They sit pretty low compared to stock 96-00 civic seats. I just swapped the backs and seat pans for it to be straight bolt in as far as the brackets and sliders went.