Ravelco Revisited

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ravelco uses all black wire though so how will u find which is what? and even if they can break it. the pt is to slow down a thief enough...theifs arent gonna stick around long enough to try and figure s**t out.

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
ravelco uses all black wire though so how will u find which is what? and even if they can break it. the pt is to slow down a thief enough...theifs arent gonna stick around long enough to try and figure s**t out.
yeah that's a good point...... they claim to never have had a failure probably cause it will take hours of hand over handing wires

I found a video too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QrpiOXxaSs

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just saying, I indentified the starter cut right away. I could have eliminated that in seconds and it birddogged the rest of the wires. I never said it wouldn't be time consuming. I just said it was superior to that chip bullshit.

And a wheel lift truck will snatch yo' s**t up, Ravelco and all. Turning your wheels and parking against a wall doesn't beat wheel lift. I've seen them pick up the whole car, pull it out, drive to a safe distance and reload the car.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just saying, I indentified the starter cut right away. I could have eliminated that in seconds and it birddogged the rest of the wires. I never said it wouldn't be time consuming. I just said it was superior to that chip bullshit.

And a wheel lift truck will snatch yo' s**t up, Ravelco and all. Turning your wheels and parking against a wall doesn't beat wheel lift. I've seen them pick up the whole car, pull it out, drive to a safe distance and reload the car.
by that logic though...might as well not have anything in your car and leave the windows open with the keys in it. we all know there is no fool proof theft device. if there was, everyone would buy it. the pt of security is to deter not to stop. determent causes frustration which leads to stopping a thief. if they want it bad theyll get it. all we can do is make it harders. u can always put a tilt sensor in it in case someone does try towing it.

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
yeah, i guess a tow would never matter there is no defense, but you have to play the odds, more time to figure out= better chance of keeping your ride

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had ravelco on my gsr and i have it on my hatch ........... best upgrade u can get, i saw the installer ( cool guy) install it for 3 hours......it is deffinately not a kill switch! much more complicated then that, and every install is done a lil different. if u go to honda tech there is a guy with a itr that had 3 attempts on his car and nobody couldnt defeat ravelco
i was going to chip in and provide this mans story but i see he has already posted

furthermore ... ravelco ... only anti theft device that insurance companies honor in mexico (dont know how much of a vouch that is)