Real Advantages of Carbon Fiber Hood

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rubixcu7 said:
hood pins are the s**t... i think... everyone here in cali that i see is too cheap to buy/install them... then i laugh when i see a car on the side of the freeway w/ no hood and teh guy is crying cuz his 300-500 dollar hood is getting ran over by a semi... kids these days
everybody knows its not cool to have hood pins on your car :D LOL......sometimes peeps get illogical when it comes to the latest trend or whatever

lagingtorpe

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did not mean that if you get a cf hood not to get hood pins.... if yoiu get a cf hood then just get one that does not require one like the fiber images. But i just hate the look of the hood pins on any car....

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the thing is......this is a type of fiberglass with a "metal" latch. Its wwaayy easier to break it off of a fiberglass hood than having your latch welded to your stock hood. Its always a good idea to use hood pins regardless of how sturdy the company says their latches are.

saranaz86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GET the hood, i just got a vis invader and i love it

:lol:

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
saranaz86 said:
GET the hood, i just got a vis invader and i love it
nice ride, it'd look a lot cleaner without the pinstripe imo.

Get the hood over the seats but, it's a lot of money that could go to other things, on the other hand you're already turboed so get the damned hood. 8)

Brett2000ex

All Show.... No Go......
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you get the VIS hood, Get the OEM style one, But get thier GEN II Hood. Quite a few upgrades over a regular one or thier 1st gen one. The latch is as solid as a f**kin rock, its made of solid metal, No need for hood pins at all with the Gen II. Better fit. And the whole under skeleton is done the same as the outside of the hood ( Gloss Carbon Fiber ). I have the Gen II on my civic and its sweet,

vejita1283

import mechanic and racer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
carbon fiber is lighter, but thats all u get. u cant paint it or anything. if your going to paint your car in the future, get fiberglass

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vejita1283 said:
carbon fiber is lighter, but thats all u get. u cant paint it or anything. if your going to paint your car in the future, get fiberglass
you can paint carbon fiber fooz LOL :D

dracing

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
REAL CARBON FIBER= PIMP I love the way carbon viber looks. The hood will do 2 things for you:1:reduceweight 2:give your car a better look. You get looks and performance from the same item.