Rear camber kit

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm looking to get one soon, anyone recommend a specific aftermarket brand?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Megan, Skunk2, Blox

to name a few

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have BLOX... again, does the job and i've had it for over a year as well.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Midas, Brakemax, Meineke.

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^He asked for a camber kit, not an alignment

I have Blox, works fine

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Midas, Brakemax, Meineke.
i dont have a rear kit, but when i went to get an alignment, they guy said he woulndt shim it because that would be dangerous. so i rock 0.0 in the front, and -3.6 in the rear :cool:

Eng. Tariq

5+ Year Member
I had my car aligned and they told me that my car camber is on the max limits of the specification (-2.0) but they said it is ok, there will no problem with that :-) and even they did not recommend the camber kit.

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont have a rear kit, but when i went to get an alignment, they guy said he woulndt shim it because that would be dangerous. so i rock 0.0 in the front, and -3.6 in the rear :cool:
I had my car aligned and they told me that my car camber is on the max limits (-2.0) but they said it is ok, there will no problem with that :-) and even they did not recommend the camber kit.
why not? wearing out your tires even more. What's the cost of a Blox kit?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why not? wearing out your tires even more. What's the cost of a Blox kit?
tire wear isnt a huge problem, i can barley feel the difference on these for the moment.

as for the second one...please dont make me say the "S" word...

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tire wear isnt a huge problem, i can barley feel the difference on these for the moment.

as for the second one...please dont make me say the "S" word...
Seven dollars?

Civic Stud

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just go to the hardware store and get some grade 8 bollts that are about 10 mm longer. Then get a couple washers and shim it out with the washers. Set the car back on the ground and use a level to check the camber. I think I used three on each side and have about -.0.5 degrees. There is nothing dangerous about it. The alignment shop wouldn't do it because of legal liability reasons.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i did the washer trick on the rear, with an omni power a-arm kit on the front. both are within factory spec

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how do you do this?
You will need to find longer bolts for the rear upper control arms and a hand full of washers. Place the bolts through the control arm and slip the washers behind onto the bolts. add or subtract washers to Change you camber

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You will need to find longer bolts for the rear upper control arms and a hand full of washers. Place the bolts through the control arm and slip the washers behind onto the bolts. add or subtract washers to Change you camber
does this work the same as a camber kit? any consequences from doing this?