Ricer's are annoying so......

nucesone

5+ Year Member
worldpower said:
not to be stupid but,does a big aluminum wing suppose to do something for the car?
yea it's suppose to push down on the car .....on the rear section.......or downforce.....w/e

and lips and "body kits" provide downforce in the front.........
along with splitters....

so if your front wheel drive.....try to get as much downforce in the front.......
but thers also a limit so be carefull.

nucesone

5+ Year Member
well your not a ricer if you have alot off dumbass s**t on your car.....but alot off people consider this the definition of a ricer......me .....well,a ricer to me is some one who can't drive.......
and i'm not talking 1/4 mile.......i'm talking about real race car driving....like the track or touge.............

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy f**k :shock:

Did your mother drink?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nucesone said:
yea it's suppose to push down on the car .....on the rear section.......or downforce.....w/e

and lips and "body kits" provide downforce in the front.........
along with splitters....

so if your front wheel drive.....try to get as much downforce in the front.......
but thers also a limit so be carefull.
Body kits, lip kits, and spoilers DO NOT give cars downforce automatically. SOME do, they are generally higher end kits and spoilers NOT MEANT for Hondas. An Si lip on a '99-'00 isn't going to give you any downforce and the wing they come with is also purely for looks.

Yes, the original idea of spoilers, cannards, body kits, and maybe even some lips was to help provide more downforce. The more modern versions of these accessories are just for looks though.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
We've had a lot of threads on this topic before... But "rice" to me refers to gaudy modifications to a car. Sometimes it refers to parts that are meant to look like something (or sounds like something) they're not. It can be on Asian, domestic, or European cars. Giant metal wings, plastic vents screwed to the hood, exhast tips that make you sound like you have a BOV, etc.
:werd: well said, it was a shame that the guy screwed that rsx up

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually, wings will only give downforce on high performance "RACE" cars when they are going over 140 mph, not gonna do s**t to a street Civic

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually up-force so you can fly...Thats the only point you put a big old spoiler on a civic. (j/p)

Rayden

All Stock....For Now.
5+ Year Member
I have a friend that has a Huge aluminum wing on his Celica GTS. It looks so UGLY!! The rest of the Car is pretty tight though. I agree, why would you need that much down force for everyday driving, because thats what you do in your car 90% of the time anyway.

Goodmayn

5+ Year Member
The only ricer story I can muster was back in high school I was rollin with this buddy in his facto-rice Tiburon with the big ol shark wing on the back and this heinous Civic with a little asian dude rolls up next to us and was like, " Dis is a 10 second car, go if you fell rucky" and we're like yea ok, so we take off like normal and the guy sorta launches... before I could tell my buddy that he was a moron for not owning the civic, the asian dude explodes away from us... like... just disappears.... no where near a 10 sec car but def mid to low 12s and if he didnt have the ghey kit and the stupid spoiler he might've even been able to top high 11s... rice CAN be deceiving....

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not really a ricer but just some annoying kid thinking his grand am or w/e it was (older model...not the new ones) was mad quick.

so i was happily driving down the road taking my girlfriend home and, i always drive fast, so i passed this kid in his crazy tint'd white grand am or w/e it was (it was raining so it was hard to see what it was). so i pass him and pull over in front of him cuz a red light was comin up and the left lane was filled. and i look in my rearview and it was some idiot punk with his hat sideways and (i think) his girl in the passenger seat. so i thought why not, lets see what this pos 164k stock y8 can do...in the rain :???:.

i saw the turn signal go yellow on the crossing road so i rev only to like 2.5k cuz it was raining and didnt wanna launch and i kinda eased the clutch out but still couldn't grab so i shifted to 2nd at like 4-5kish and i noticed he switched back over when he had room and took 2nd all the way then 3rd all the way and we were pretty much dead even. he braked at the end cuz the lanes merge into 1 and he was behind me by about a car length.

held up better than i thought i would. the only "mod" if u wanna even call it that was a removed intake resonator. i think i walked him had it been dry :what:

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rayden said:
I have a friend that has a Huge aluminum wing on his Celica GTS. It looks so UGLY!! The rest of the Car is pretty tight though. I agree, why would you need that much down force for everyday driving, because thats what you do in your car 90% of the time anyway.
sorry, but that wing wasn't giving him downforce, just rice

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ actually those spoilers actually work. If you have/had one,, you would know. On freeway or at highspeed, your car would seem like it's dragging something heavy.

worldpower

5+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
^^ actually those spoilers actually work. If you have/had one,, you would know. On freeway or at highspeed, your car would seem like it's dragging something heavy.
If it really did something then why dont nascar race cars have them , i think they would know if they should
or not , or what aboat firebirds camaro ss, non of them use wings that big, i mean if nascar dont nead it why would a civic need it unless your just looking for the look

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I know this car is getting major down force

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
with those stup[id spoilers....they do ad downforce at about 80-100mph...i remember back in school we did a lab on downforce and crap...if theyre built right they do....but most of the are jus there so poeple can sit on it....

Vtec is O_O

2.5 down pipe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its funny how people Put the brand name Speakers or amp etc.... they have in there car. Thats like stooopppidddd. There just letting peolpe know that they got beats, and its about to get stolen......

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so here i am getting off the highway and i look in my rear view mirror and see some mexicans in a mustystang with wut look like a intergra type r wing on it. and a phat APC decal on the top of the windshield. its a two lane left turn and the light goes green with him on my right and he guns it and makes the turn, gets infront of me and brakes checks me! I'm like WTF??????????????????????? So i'm all pissed and we end up at another lite side by side. I turned on my flashers even before the light went green and launched on green and left them in first gear. after that they stopped laughing and drove by me and flipped me off. i pointed and laughed as they passed by which i know got them even more pissed and embarrased. this story goes to show that there's even american rice mobiles out there