Rims - VOLKS TE37 don't come in 17s with 4 holes?!

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
i want low profile tires, but i hear if u dont have at least 17s and up that im probably gunna be stuck with thick looking tires :(. i'm also planning on dropping my car with some tien s type springs. so idk how 16's would look after the drop. might look "bigger" no? sorry im obviously just getting into the modding scene.
?????? Where did I hear that?????? I have 16's and run 205/40's that's practically a rubber band for a tire..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CJ89

Registered VIP
40's FTW! i had 45s on mine but the 40s look way better. 45s just look to big..

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A 40 sidewall is not that small.

CJ89

Registered VIP
A 40 sidewall is not that small.
Small enough for me. Im not looking for the whole hella flush super stretched look. So for me 40s are perfict.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally i prefer 215's cause i run a 16x8 wheel, and when researching tire sizes i found that the 215/40's are nearly identical to the 185/65 (i think?) stock tire diameter. i went with 215/45's though because they were $30 cheaper than the 215/40's, and their only slightly larger, they only effect the speedo by about 3%
some sizes are more common than others i suppose.

and to the OP, i know you said you want more of a show car, but you will hate the 17's after awhile. they are heavy and awkward and you will notice a difference in your everyday driving

cuetip

Registered VIP
man 17s?? y on a honda they r too big, makes it look stupid like putting chrome rims on a civic... if anything the biggest to go would be 16s, me personally i will go no bigger then 15s

dsprimal

Banned
ok after reading through pages of how rotas are 100% crap. i will resort to my 1st choice (which is always the right choice for those of you who 2nd guess themselves on multiple choice questions :P) and yeah. RAYS FTW!

dsprimal

Banned
^^start saving lol. But its worth it.
yeah, i coulda swore i found a set of bronze t37s in 16s for 1200. now all im seeing is 2200+....DAMN! but yeah, i'm told its best to pay a hefty amount for LEGIT rims rather then go through 2 pairs of shitty ones. uggghhh every time i walk towards my car i visualize it lowered with those rims and SI tails. everything will be set in 2 months just in time for the summer! windows lowered, bumping bass. cruising on the highway to the beach. YEAH YOU ALL KNO! CIVICS FTWWWW

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i coulda swore i found a set of bronze t37s in 16s for 1200. now all im seeing is 2200+....DAMN! but yeah, i'm told its best to pay a hefty amount for LEGIT rims rather then go through 2 pairs of s***ty ones. uggghhh every time i walk towards my car i visualize it lowered with those rims and SI tails. everything will be set in 2 months just in time for the summer! windows lowered, bumping bass. cruising on the highway to the beach. YEAH YOU ALL KNO! CIVICS FTWWWW

I was like that when i had my 4dr.. then hot chicks were all like "why you drivin your sons car.":???:

CJ89

Registered VIP
Not trying to thread jack just wanting some thoughts. I have actually been thinking of selling my 16s and getting a set of 17x8.25 xxr 527's with a nice offset. On anything older than a 7th gen I would never go to 17's but in this case I think they would look damn good on mine. I have fully adjustable coilovers and still have room to lower more. So the hight I get from the larger wheels I can set back down with those. Opinions?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i coulda swore i found a set of bronze t37s in 16s for 1200. now all im seeing is 2200+....DAMN! but yeah, i'm told its best to pay a hefty amount for LEGIT rims rather then go through 2 pairs of s***ty ones. uggghhh every time i walk towards my car i visualize it lowered with those rims and SI tails. everything will be set in 2 months just in time for the summer! windows lowered, bumping bass. cruising on the highway to the beach. YEAH YOU ALL KNO! CIVICS FTWWWW
[YOUTUBE="Honda Guys"]ez7wTNmAkN8[/YOUTUBE]

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not trying to thread jack just wanting some thoughts. I have actually been thinking of selling my 16s and getting a set of 17x8.25 xxr 527's with a nice offset. On anything older than a 7th gen I would never go to 17's but in this case I think they would look damn good on mine. I have fully adjustable coilovers and still have room to lower more. So the hight I get from the larger wheels I can set back down with those. Opinions?

Are these the ones that all the stance whores poke and stretch? IMO, I think they look good. But it depends on how low the offset is and what size tire you plan on putting on it. I can tolerate SOME stretch but after a certain point I just facepalm.

CJ89

Registered VIP
Are these the ones that all the stance whores poke and stretch? IMO, I think they look good. But it depends on how low the offset is and what size tire you plan on putting on it. I can tolerate SOME stretch but after a certain point I just facepalm.
Yea I don't plant to stretch much at all. If I do it will only be for fitment reasons as so not to rub. I am not a fan of SUPER CAMBER AND INSANE STRETCH ARM STRONG setups. I mean they sometimes look pretty cool but its not for me lol. I am just looking for a clean nice setup.

7D6R

I have some sweet rare rims for sale if your interested.
They are super light !
LMK

CJ89

Registered VIP
I have some sweet rare rims for sale if your interested.
They are super light !
LMK
Yea I seen those there nice. To bad I have 5 lugs.... Glwts