Rusty, Ricey, 4x4 status =)

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good stuff..nice..well ur leaving the SOHC club but don't worry you'll miss us...no you won't lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol no biggie I know how it is. But like I said fortunately for u the pcv valve isn't a b**** to get to haha. U get lucky enough for ur local Honda to have everything in stock?
yeah im glad thats easy, one less hassle. but they have most of the stuff in stock. though they dont have any shift linkage pins or tensioner springs. i had to order them but i got it all off of a friend

Good stuff..nice..well ur leaving the SOHC club but don't worry you'll miss us...no you won't lol
yeah definitely wont miss the y7 anymore

Well hopefully i can get this old engine out today. i went to install my intermediate shaft before i put it in and for some reason when i slide it in. it doesnt line up right to bolt in. i have to use a bolt to bent it in and make it fit. but then my trans wont rotate since its wedged stuck. one more damn hassle. im about to say f**k it till summer

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well figured out the problem .its automatic. says SR3-J8 and it should say J0 with is m/t. one more damn set back, im glad i learned to get it all together and ready before i start the swap. one its together though its a matter of plugs and popping axles in

emerican

Registered VIP
sorry to hear about the auto setback man

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry to hear about the auto setback man
thanks, yeah i just gotta find a m/t one now. worse case scenario is ill save up some more money and get it ready to go in and try to bang it out in a weekend. hopefully

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U can plan and plan and plan and theres always something that is wrong or that u missed...

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Woah man, total set back what a bummer. I was totally looking forward to seeing this done. You needa get this done before the sonic meet so I can check it out! Just assemble the ENTIRE motor with trans and swap it all in at once.. just hoist the front of the car up and slide the whole motor underneath then lower the car down onto the motor/trans. That's what my father and I did with both of my hatches.. worked flawlessly every time. I have a little engine dolley we had the engine/trans on to roll under the car if need be.. it's just a small rectangular frame with wheels on it, got it from harbor freight and modified it a bit so my tapped oil pan wouldn't get in the way.. but still works!! It's rolling around my garage without a motor on it right now...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shittttt, man. Sorry to hear about the setback :/
You'll love and appreciate the swap when it's in though. Gonna be a HUGE difference. :thumbs up

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Woah man, total set back what a bummer. I was totally looking forward to seeing this done. You needa get this done before the sonic meet so I can check it out! Just assemble the ENTIRE motor with trans and swap it all in at once.. just hoist the front of the car up and slide the whole motor underneath then lower the car down onto the motor/trans. That's what my father and I did with both of my hatches.. worked flawlessly every time. I have a little engine dolley we had the engine/trans on to roll under the car if need be.. it's just a small rectangular frame with wheels on it, got it from harbor freight and modified it a bit so my tapped oil pan wouldn't get in the way.. but still works!! It's rolling around my garage without a motor on it right now...
i have a lift so idk if ill go over or under. but right now i got the right intermediate shaft and im at war with the axle nuts. so far breaker bar and impact gun havent cut it. but im going to pb blast it and give it some time

you aint low....lol jk
youre right, i need to go low

s***tttt, man. Sorry to hear about the setback :/
You'll love and appreciate the swap when it's in though. Gonna be a HUGE difference. :thumbs up
yeah ill get it done with time. i just manned up and went and bought everything else i need. now to just get it all out

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Breaker bar with a long pipe over it to give more torque/leverage.. I'd try that AFTER using pb blaster so there's less chance of snapping them off.. that wouldn't be fun.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Breaker bar with a long pipe over it to give more torque/leverage.. I'd try that AFTER using pb blaster so there's less chance of snapping them off.. that wouldn't be fun.
This ^^^ that's how i got mine off back in the day. Made it a ton easier.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used breaker bars on bolts that's weren't even on the engine block before lol. Love having old ass cars and having to use brute force to take them apart cause the PB blaster refused to work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well axle nuts i got off, just let it soak a little and was a man about it. but for the past 3 hours basically ive been at war with the driver side ball joint. passenger side is out. i have tried every trick in the book but i decided im just going to use a pickle fork. the busing is shot anyways. after i get this undone the engine is out and ready to be replaced

And some damage

almost there

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You couldn't get the lower ball joints out by spinning the castle nut to the bottom of the threads and hitting it with a hammer?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That small little d-series takes up no space. Can't wait to see the B in there.