Rusty, Ricey, 4x4 status =)

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
That's cool. I like the wrapped pillars, I was thinking about doing mine when i do my headliner, after it gets warm and I can spray my interior.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's cool. I like the wrapped pillars, I was thinking about doing mine when i do my headliner, after it gets warm and I can spray my interior.
I went inside and did it lol i didnt want to wait till it was warmer

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
well I want to pull all the panels and paint them black, plus I want to do some foam work to the headliner before putting new fabric up. It's a nice summer project

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah i did black in the summer so i was ahead lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nope. duplicolor for vinyl and plastic. then i put a clear overtop. Ive had it for probably over a year now and it looks just like when i did it

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol i understand what your saying and im glad to hear your opinion. well for
1. Well the purpple shift knob will have wil have a purple steering wheel, i plan to tie that in with purple lugs on the outside, tow hooks, valve cover, and i have a purple beaks bar. The only thing that will stick out really is the kevlar trim which i did since i have never seen anyone else do it. Im not a fan of the splatter part really either, ive been iffy on it since ive done it and i plan on getting one with the gauge cut outs and i will just keep that one black and when i get home paiting this one just black. I was experimenting with different things and i havent been able to go home to paint it all black. I may also get a carbon fiber gauge piece instead of kevlar just to play with both, and it cost me only 10 bucks.

This would do a lot to keep from all the distractions in the car...but yea, the yellow backlay on the cluster, red/misc splatter cover, shift boot, knob, headliner all being different is SUPER distracting...

2. Stancenation is a site that im part of and just about everyone on it has a stancenation sticker much like clubcivic. Im also on stanceworks a lot

Ok, I will let that pass...lol...

3. I dont have much money due to being in college and a pre-med major currently. my school work load is rough. My car is literally a 30 minute walk away or a shuttle bus ride. Also with my schedule it doesnt provide a time that makes it worth going to work since i have classes scattered through out the day.

I just graduated in December...I would say with the right work ethic you can find time to provide more income whether it be a better paying job or adding/staying a bit more hours each week, although it may just not be something you want to do...I worked 20 hours max all through college, so really not that much either, but I had a decent paying job...

4. Im also part of vwvortex and if you look at their cars, damn near all of them do wrapped pillars and black ice on the mirror. you dont see very many civic people doing that. actually idk if ive ever seen anyone wrap their pillars. I just consider it more of a euro thing since its rare to see a civic have it done, yet i dont think i know anyone with a VW or audi who hasnt done it. I also happen to love black ice in general

:roll: On putting Black Ice in cause you love it, you will one day look back and wonder why you did that, as for the wrapping though, it is all over Honda Tech, and me coming from the Mazda Boards, it is all over them as well, so maybe it is just a lot more common then the small Clubcivic community we have...

5. I underststand what your saying and im working on that. The purple will be a small accent color throughout. The valve cover did match before with the theme i had, but i need to buy another VC to repaint. I plan on having a gold bay since i also have gold rims and the valve cover will be purple to match the other colors. The ac bracket i actually didnt paint, my friend did it and the dip stick without me knowing because he though it was funny to do when i left his house for a little and i havent gotten around to changing it. that bracket will most likely be removed and ill make a hidden one. Im still in the progress of tucking my bay. Oh and the strut bar matched a previous theme too, but im getting around to stripping the paint off which is why part of the paint is off

Thanks for your input though. it is appreciated. Hopefully this all makes sense and it will match much more when im done. Being at school and home two hours away, it provides little opportunity to work on the car. i normally get home about maybe one weekend a month
Thanks for NOT getting pissed like most people do when you ask quesitons...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for NOT getting pissed like most people do when you ask quesitons...
Lol i cant stand those types of people, dont ask for opinion if you arent willing to hear positive and negative

But yea the interior after i put it all together i was like, hmm i dont really like this. it didnt flow well at all. The purple will make more sense once i have the steering wheel and other pieces to tie it all in together. The gauge stuff i just have to get around to changing. eventually ill put a cf one since i have a second gauge cluster at home so i have a second piece to use. I have debated oem but i can spend 10 bucks on a stick on one and it looks the same. splatter will go away when i get the chance. black ice i will take down at some point but i feel like its not that big of a deal lol actually it has been annoying me lately. it realy does block vision. hm for how much time i spend on honda-tech and stuff i really dont see civics having pillars wrapped very often. its rare for me too find them. idk about other car groups like mazda and such since i havent had a reason to look at them. Oh well, doesnt really matter lol

As for work, i normally do about 16 hours on weekend when i can, but during the week it is way to much hassle of running up inbetween classes and normally i only have a couple hours inbetween. maybe i can get 10 or 12 hour days instead of 8. I may start trying to though during the week since i dont have labs this semester since i want to go to tech school for collision repair. Its only going into the third week htough and i have to go talk to them. I want to get another job but after being at giant almost three years, i get paid vacations and sick days and crap and i dont really want to loose that, plus its super easy and they are flexible with me. Next year im going to penn tech where i get to park right out front of my building so i plan on working much more.

Thanks again! I am going home the weekend of the 18th so ill try and clean up the interior more, maybe put in the oem knob until i get the wheel and paint that piece black. Depends how much time i have left on the weekend since im doing all my body work and trying to get more work done to the bay. I really need to clean that up also. I HATE PINK and i need to finish the rest since i got rid of the red valve cover

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hear you on the job, school plus flexible does make a HUGE difference...hard to find a job like that...

As for the purple...I LOVE PURPLE...lol...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That looks damn good, i was debating going yellow with purple rims lol I do love having a flexible job, make my life easier

actually what you think of EBP or jazz blue with purple rims? i may be getting my other set repaired and i dont need two sets in gold lol

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I say go for a non stock color...think of how many people go with EBP, not sure what the Jazz Blue looks like...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is jazz blue

My other one that im stuck on is laguna seca

I need to decide soon though so i can paint it the week of march 4th

Also im looking to trade my black housing headlights for chrome ones within driving distance, like an hour or two. also looking for 50-50's to get in the next two weeks or so

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh and another laguna seca ek that i am in love with, even the mugen wing

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol ok technically its not an ek, but most people just throw the 6th gen under the title ek. 5th gen eg and so on

im on the hunt for a new fabric design to do my interior with, my friend got a red integra and i want he likes the red checkerboard so i want him to use it. im looing for a blue, purple, or gold fabric and design. im open to ideas

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just read through your thread, looks nice but pretty sketchy at the same time, haha. I like that you are trying something different (I can see where you are going with it, and understand completely what it's like to have limited time and access to work on your car), rather than all OEM or all rice like most people go.

BTW, I love it that you want to go with blue and purple, should look clean as hell when you finish it.:thumbs up

Lemmie suggest some things, maybe you'll like them, idc though; it's your ride.

For the paint, I'd check out the Mazda's blue from the Mazdaspeed3, it's pretty damn sexy.

Also, for the interior I'd check out really dark purple/black checkers, with purple stitching throughout. That way people would think it's black, but when they get close they'll be like, "Holy s**t! That's awesome!" Kinda like a stealthy custom touch. Maybe dye the carpet a dark purple too.

Just my thoughts, good luck with the build/school/work!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just read through your thread, looks nice but pretty sketchy at the same time, haha. I like that you are trying something different (I can see where you are going with it, and understand completely what it's like to have limited time and access to work on your car), rather than all OEM or all rice like most people go.

BTW, I love it that you want to go with blue and purple, should look clean as hell when you finish it.:thumbs up

Lemmie suggest some things, maybe you'll like them, idc though; it's your ride.

For the paint, I'd check out the Mazda's blue from the Mazdaspeed3, it's pretty damn sexy.

Also, for the interior I'd check out really dark purple/black checkers, with purple stitching throughout. That way people would think it's black, but when they get close they'll be like, "Holy s**t! That's awesome!" Kinda like a stealthy custom touch. Maybe dye the carpet a dark purple too.

Just my thoughts, good luck with the build/school/work!
Thanks, idk what color for sure yet, but i love the laguna seca. I do like that blue too though. Most likely this interior is getting ripped out in a couple weeks. If i do go blue, im getting a blue plaid that i found that will match real well. Purple and black checker was my other thought. Purple carpet isnt a bad idea actually. It will be either that or black. Idk what ill do for sure though. First thing is body work and trying to clean the car up, and get everything to the same point. The theme will be Blue, gold, and a slight hint of purple. Thanks for the input!

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No problem bro, keep it up.
I was wondering, are you going to wrap the dash too? I've seen it on a quite few VWs and a couple S13s, but they always use a clashing color that looks terrible, so I've never really liked it. I want to believe that you could pull off the blue plaid, but idk, again I'm just wondering.