Ryans Official "Build Up" Thread

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wazuppppp bro... did you find a new tranny? you can go to pick and pull and find 92-95 civic and take the tranny for cheap so you can get your car running.. im opening my tranny too to check the bearings and gears.. i have 2 ex tranny and i will do frankenstien to rebuild a perfect trans.. i wish you luck,,, dont lose hope.. you'll get your s**t running soon...

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have no idea when Im getting carpet. I wanna get a black one. It'll finish up my black theme I have going. Nah, my WIFE dosent usually complain about me workin on my car. Usually shes the one right next to me handing tools to me or something. But she IS starting to get fed up w/this whole swap, just as I am. I just wanna be able to get a new tranny in that works, and drive it to work and whatnot. As far as what shifter it is...I have no f**king clue. :lol: Bought it off a guy here on CC, for $10. :lol: :lol: Its a dual-bend. Thats all I know.
Wife? whoops my bad :oops:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wazuppppp bro... did you find a new tranny? you can go to pick and pull and find 92-95 civic and take the tranny for cheap so you can get your car running.. im opening my tranny too to check the bearings and gears.. i have 2 ex tranny and i will do frankenstien to rebuild a perfect trans.. i wish you luck,,, dont lose hope.. you'll get your s**t running soon...
Im getting a tranny this comming weekend, actually. :thumbs up

Wife? whoops my bad :oops:
Nah, its cool. :thumbup:

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet.. upadate will be nice..

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Updated picture w/the new intake manifold up for fitment. Need some new coolant hoses b/c I had to cut one or two of them to get them off. :lol: Tomorrow Im'a hit the parts store and get some, then I'll have the IM all bolted up and ready to go.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trying to figure out what coolant/vacuum hose goes where in the intake manifold. Hit up the Engine Tech section, and help me out. :D

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can't wait to swap my intake mani..!

Let me know when a good weekend in November will be.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hey I can help with the intake manifold thing.....

With the intake manifold on the car:
the top two hoses by the throttle cable stay are both vaccum lines, on the passenger side on the back are two lines, they are both coolant lines. The big one goes to the thermostat housing, the small one goes to the iacv. With the air lines, the smaller one goes to the fpr and the bigger one goes to the pcv valve under the intake manifold. The big "L" shaped thing in the back goes to the brake booster

Now with the iacv hose routing, you're gonna have to figure that out because i really cant explain how mine is routed because I actually have TWO iacv's under my hood :lol:..

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey ryan, have you finished the swap yet? still having trouble?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That intake mani on there looks SICK...!!!

I can't wait to get mine on.

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey petey, any news from ryan? did he finished the swap? we haven't heard anything from him for a long tme..heheh.. hope everything's doing fine

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think he's got most, if not all, of the kinks worked out on it...I know that he's finally able to drive it around. He just had one or two things to tend to concerning the intake swap.

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but what kind of headlights are those?
Cant wait to see how it is all finished :]