Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how wet are the doors?

AcousticAudio

Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What do you mean? They are bone dry.. Before they went on my car they were baked at 85 degrees celcius for 30 minutes, left to cool, and then driven 30 minutes back to my house

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
call me crazy but it looks like it is a different color than the rest of the car.

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You caught me :p. Everything we did in this batch came out a bit lighter for some reason. Its only most noticeable when you compare the door to the quarters, so we're going to respray the quarters once i get the car running and i can drive it to the shop

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha, so it took a painter to notice :p. Not one person who has looked at it in person or in this forum or my local forum have said anything yet.. so maybe its not that noticeable to those who dont know about it?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, sorry im not a painter, just someone who has seen cars painted in stages, mostly body kits

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha aww man now thats all i see. that sucks, but its not to bad. Theres nothing you can do?
As I said before, its most noticeable between the quarters and doors.. so once i have it driving again, my friend is going to respray the quarters at the shop. You cant really tell between hood/fenders/roof so it should be good.

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I put the car on teh driveway today and washed the dust off it, so it was ALL glossy, not just glossy doors/fenders/bumpers and dusty ass shell haha. I always love how small my car looks when I'm actually standing more then 4 feet away from it.

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think those wheels look great with the blue paint.

Powdercoated white RPF1's would look so so so sick.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This thing looks so good man. I bet you can't wait till it's all together and ready to roll. Paint looks amazing, wheels looking amazing, I can't say it enough. Only thing I would do is go lower, but I don't know what your plans are, or maybe I missed them.

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wanna get coilovers.. but its not high on the priority list right now. No cash for such things. I will go lower, I probably wont tuck, but ill at least get rid of all the wheel gap so the fender sits level with the top of the tire. Especially the back.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that paint looks amazing! best of luck for finishing your project

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha I wish.. it hasn't even started yet. Needs some small shitty finicky things done still.

baller7764

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow...so your going from being used to driveing a stock d16 to a turboed b-series. That's gonna be a world of difference the first time you get it on the road.