Scott's Build Thread 56K pray hard

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good to see you get her finished bro! i think if you blacked the intercooler it would be awesome...

when are you going to tune it?

hoopcrazyt8

5+ Year Member
I've been following this thread since day 1 when it was still in the 5th gen section and got moved lol. Congrats on finishing. What's the numbers on the tune?

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just read through every post. Verrrrry nice, man. I'm surprised at how fast your built it too.

Nice work for sure.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey acoustic, just something i've noticed and was wondering lately, are you going to put a spoiler on your civic? i only ask because, the picture that's in your sig, looks kind of awkward in the rear, like it's missing the spoiler, almost looks like it needs one. maybe it's just that angle. i've seen other pics in your build thread and looks good without one, but i guess just your sig makes it look like you need a spoiler.

tyl29

Supreme Member
5+ Year Member
i think i just shat myself. or s**t.. w.e. i still need a new comp. chair.

deff. the nicest most amazig build ive ever seen.
fulck the fireman that came to my school when i was six, i want to be like you when i grow up.
awesome work man.. maddd props.=]
hopefully i can work my ej1 up to being half as nice as yours.

Rountreesj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**k me!!!

I'm jealous. Very jealous!!!

pretty much what I want to do to my car except along the color scheme as that ek hatch.

Nicefab work on the turbo and intercooler piping.

just grind down the bad welds and paint it...

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
just went through all 21 pages, nice friggin work it looks amazing. That color rocks

AcousticAudio

Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well winter is coming. Parked the car, in the process of pulling the motor.

Color coded sockets.. only the most baller

s**t that I'm most likely ditching.. the harness is a hacked up jdm harness, so its a mess. The rad sucks ass, and the battery is a napa special. I'll probably pick up an aluminum half rad with a slim fan, some kind of lightweight battery and possible relocation kit, and just a regular harness. Might do a light light tuck while I'm at it.

Wheel stud stripped out on me randomly. I had the lugs on this wheel come loose on me once, and I didnt have the key for the locking nuts on me. Had to drive a few KM with it loose before I got home.. might have done it in. either way, ARP extended studs to come, maybe some T1R forged open ended nuts.

Just some shots of how it sits now, half pulled. Probably get the rest done tomorrow. All thats left is to pull the axles (the suspension + steering on both sides is already apart, i literally just have to yank the axles out.), loosen up the mounts and she'll come right out, and go right into the engine stand, and into the basement where its warm.

How the garage sits tonight. You can see the engine stand I picked up today, 60$ at PA.

The general idea of the winter plan goes like so:

Golden eagle sleeved block, bored over to 84mm
Wiseco 9.0:1 compression pistons
Eagle rods (i've had these in my garage for some time.. just never used them)
A new GE lsvtec kit
Some kind of cams.. havent decided from who yet
Skunk2 valvetrain
Ditch the 0.48 a/r turbonetics turbo for probably a ball bearing 0.62 a/r
Golden Eagle lightweight crank
Clutchmasters stage 3
Hasport mount kit
Hasport axles
Hoping to put together an LS trans with LSD
Top mount tubular manifold from Arizona Forced Induction
Golden Eagle vacuum manifold
RC or Precision 700cc-900cc injectors
Walbro 255lph in tank
Tial wastegate
Some kind of in fashion bov

Lots of other stuff I'm sure too. Definitely want some kind of coilovers. Skunk2 pro-c look great for the money. I should be pretty slammed next year :p

I don't really have a whp goal, but I want to be boosting at least 16 psi, and revving out to 9000rpm.

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
your a freaking lucky guy... you got some many things to play around in your garage man... and it seems that you have everything planned out as well... thats a big plus, in that way your not wasting money here and there trying things that dont know if fits your setup.... Keep it up bro, im still watching every single post of this thread

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I sure do like the sound of your planned motor upgrades. Good luck! I'll be watching.

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha of course it did. I put over 6000km on the swap. No problems other then a minor coolant leak, and roaming idle due to lack of primary o2 sensor.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Axles have been pulled, rear T bracket is out, shift linkage is dropped. Only the 2 side mounts holding her in now. Pics to come later.

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

In the stand finally!

Clutch held up pretty good. Pressure plate for sale, ~6000km on it

Drawer of s**t haha.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice stuff.

So what do you use as a winter beater or what are you driving while this beast is under construction?