seems like this forum died?

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just came back on here after over a year. seems like a lot of people stopped using it. kinda sucks because i used to be on here all the time. lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been on the site going on three years and even in that time it's been in decline. I guess civics are just not as popular. :/ we're a small community and I myself have the phone numbers/ facebook of a lot of the people I want to keep in touch with. Don't know when they'll leave either. :(

It sucks though.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Facebook and instagram have killed all of the forums i frequent...

Ill be here forever though

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I try to check in a few times a week. I was previously on the Acura-Legend.com forum, owning a '95 Legend coupe for 7 years. When I purchased my Civic & joined here about 3 years ago I expected this site to be more active given the bigger popularity of Civics over Legends. Its been surprising to see the dwindling numbers.I just hope the members who stick around are those who provide some value. I should be around for a long while since I intend on driving my Civic into the ground.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All good things must come to an end.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah it seems like its almost dead, I get on from time to time to update the build. But I might stop doing that since it seems like nobody looks anymore lol.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Forums in general are a dying breed. We're still staying afloat though.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is just too many other , easier places now. There are 1000's of Facebook , Instagram ,reddit , etc outlets that have no restrictions on what you say or do. So people start leaving places like this that have "mods" and rules etc. it's just old school and slowly gonna die . Just saying

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well those sites dont have knowledgeable people like we have on the forums.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I see a high majority of the reason being that all the information is out there already. Let's face it, the ones that are asking the questions 95% of the time are ones that are too lazy to search, don't know how or what to search for, or want it spoon fed. If they actually searched they would find what they are looking for without even having to ask.

Having all the information available already is slowing making forums obsolete as more and more people figure out they can get the answers without having to register and make a post. Once the rest of the them catch up, forums will end up dying out.

Look how many people come on, ask a question, then never post again once they fix their car. Most don't want or care to join a forum for the community atmosphere like the rest of us, they just want their question answered and move on once they get it.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fb car specific pages that are moderated. 100% free and don't have to make a screen name. We've got a few huges fb car pages locally that are indeed moderated (bf is an administrator on 1 of them).

People anymore want a 1 stop shop.

I've only recently joined acurazine and mdxers bc of my new car, but I seldom post.

Sent from my Note 2

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
I still check in from time to time. Don't post much. Don't care about post count.
As for me my 6th gen is getting older and I'm tempted to get something newer.
I still like my EM1 though. I think I will still be around.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's wayyyyy too much drama on Facebook I feel like. I can't stand it. I stay off the car pages. I just recently joined a motorcycle forum and I too rarely post.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sucks for the drama. There's none on the pages I'm on. The mods do a great job of banning them. And since it's fb it's easier to keep them off than it is a forum.

Sent from my Note 2

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im on f**kbook now and instabang.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I think too during the winter there is definitely less posting.. I hate living up north :/