seems like this forum died?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Don't know if it'll help, but I have a suggestion. Possibly beef up the DIY section. Other forums I've been a member on, have extensive archives on how to. It seems that a lot of questions I see here, are basic maintenance, cleaning IACV n such. Giving members more ability, and being a valuable resource ought to help revive the site,somewhat. Can't hurt at any rate. The way I see it there's lots of new members that have questions, that other members are reluctant to answer for whatever reason, telling them to instead, use the search. I think after this experience, they just keep moving. I think this would give these people a reason to stay. As an example, the Ford ranger forum, has a couple hundred DIY offerings. If you can dream it, it's there. Just my .02¢
In some of threads are instructions on how to solve a fix problems that is why we say search. If it's not in the diy section most likely it's in another thread. Most common problems are easy to figure out.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Kenneth - Thanks. We've also toiled with our DIY sections. We started providing incentives to members who write DIY articles, but only a few took part in the process. I think it'd be really cool to have a sort of DIY encyclopedia on here. That hasn't yet come to fruition, but we're still behind the idea. If you have any specific ideas that could help us accomplish that goal, feel free to let us know!

Ron - We've tried to address the tech problem, but you simplify the issue. There is a lack of members who are tech minded, have a non-flaming attitude, are active, and are willing to be a moderator. In fact, lethal6 was brought on because of his tech ability and contributions to that section. Otherwise, it is difficult to recruit from a pool that does not seem to exist. A big problem we seem to have had, consistently, is that most tech minded members think that the questions of others are not worth their time. These are typically the members telling others to "Search", or posting "Let me Google this for you" links. Those types of people can't be moderators. If you know somebody who fits the bill, send me a PM nominating them, and have them send me a PM telling me they're interested. We'll double check their post history and we'll get it going. This is something we've been ACTIVELY trying to do for years.

That said, I still don't thin it's a cure all. Tech minded people can fully accomplish their role as members. Being able to move and delete posts does not improve somebody's ability to communicate technical knowledge. Even so, we are (and have been) HIGHLY willing to bring on new mods with diverse backgrounds, including and especially those who are technically inclined.

Last edited:

Goodi

RedEJ7
Shoot I joined this forum about 6 months ago and I rarely leave the site.
I don't plan on leaving, a massive pile of information and tips on here.
Plus the Honda community is fantastic.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shoot I joined this forum about 6 months ago and I rarely leave the site.
I don't plan on leaving, a massive pile of information and tips on here.
Plus the Honda community is fantastic.
:like:

It's good to see you say that. That's how a lot of us feel about CC. It's the reason that debates like this occur. It's a long term home for many of us, and we all want to see it prosper. :D

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm still here, just sayin. :like:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im still here, even tho i dislike 90% of the people here , and im sure the feeling is mutual.

Caleb.N

I dont think this forum died, Alot of people still come on here to just browse like myself, I learn new things here all the time. If it wasnt for this forum there would be alota stuff I'd still be clueless about. Ron is a big help on this forum aswell coz he is always willing to help and he gives fantastic advice when the members on here have car issues. The members on here shouldnt question whether or not this forum has died but instead appreciate what guys like Ron and the many other guys on this forum who help us in our time of need when it comes to our vehicles , and we all should support Club Civic =)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I dont think this forum died, Alot of people still come on here to just browse like myself, I learn new things here all the time. If it wasnt for this forum there would be alota stuff I'd still be clueless about. Ron is a big help on this forum aswell coz he is always willing to help and he gives fantastic advice when the members on here have car issues. The members on here shouldnt question whether or not this forum has died but instead appreciate what guys like Ron and the many other guys on this forum who help us in our time of need when it comes to our vehicles , and we all should support Club Civic =)
im still here, even tho i dislike 90% of the people here , and im sure the feeling is mutual.
I'm still here, just sayin. :like:
:like:

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm gonna sell my civic soon then buy a NA miata, but I'm still gonna be around. Might even post a build thread of said miata.