Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:lol:

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i guess you don't need em.. it'll most likely be raining whereer you go.. just walk outside and wash it off after IDB...

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Katrina? Pffffttt whacha know about ANDREW? Gustav will be a pussy cat compared to both. :lol:
We hope.

I pity Cuba and the Islands. They always get slammed every summer. :(

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I've heard talk of not coming back if this is another Katrina. For a New Orleanian, that's serious. For all it's faults, we still love this city. Few have given up on it. But this scares me.

given up on it?

Most of the city is below sea level and it's in an area that's dealt with hurricanes every year for thousands of years.

it WILL happen again. you may not wanna give up on the city, but mother nature doesnt care....
the city should have never been built there in the first place

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Soo I jailbroke my iPhone last night and I now have Qik on it. If you don't know about Qik, it's a free live video service that allows you stream video and audio from your phone. You can also watch previously streamed videos on each user's profile. I'll be live streaming during the evacuation (if it comes to that, and it doesn't look too good). You can find me and see my videos at Qik.com/Spook4thecia. You can also sign up on Twitter.com and follow me. You should get notifications whenever I start streaming live. My twitter page: twitter.com/spook4thecia

Pretty cool sites even if you don't want to watch my boring s**t lol

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Katrina? Pffffttt whacha know about ANDREW? Gustav will be a pussy cat compared to both. :lol:
We hope.

i remember andrew

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We hope.

yep... me and the grand parents rode that s**t out in Dade county... it was crazy!

they always said a storm named after me would be trouble, and they were right...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I would be gtfo of there.

that's because you have common sense.

i hope it's nothing more than a sprinkle with a light breeze, but if s**t hits the fan again and people who refused to evacuate are left in rubble, i hope FEMA sits back and watches the aftermath

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is my last post until it hits. I'm evacuating tomorrow morning at 5 am. Everything is packed up and in the car, my whole fam is already out. Me, my bro, and my GF are going to Auburn, Al with a bunch of friends. In < 24 hours, we will be heavily sedated on rum, hurricanes, and beer :P Don't know how we're gona find alcohol though seeing that it's a Sunday in Alabama -- Stupid dry county rules, I hate going outside New Orleans :x Anyone in the Auburn area wana hook us up with some black market liquor?:lol:

My GF's parents are staying, I won't defend them except to say that's how some people here are. They stayed (stupidly) for Katrina but didn't actually see anything interesting except a tree fall down the street. They didn't even know of the chaos in downtown, uptown, mid-city, etc. until we called and told them. They can take care of themselves unless a tree falls or something really disastrous happens. Needless to say, my girlfriend is freaking out. Most everyone has already left or is leaving tomorrow.

When it turned cat 5 tonight and they announced mandatory evacs, there was a big rush to leave tonight. Everyone else is leaving tomorrow. The city is SOOOOOOOOO much more prepared this time. It won't be the same human tragedy. But the damage could potentially be much worse. It might also veer west and just brush by. But we won't know for another 2 days.

Hopefully this will just be a mini hurrication and we'll get drunk and swim and have a good time. Time will tell, wish me luck.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is my last post until it hits. I'm evacuating tomorrow morning at 5 am. Everything is packed up and in the car, my whole fam is already out. Me, my bro, and my GF are going to Auburn, Al with a bunch of friends. In < 24 hours, we will be heavily sedated on rum, hurricanes, and beer :P Don't know how we're gona find alcohol though seeing that it's a Sunday in Alabama -- Stupid dry county rules, I hate going outside New Orleans :x Anyone in the Auburn area wana hook us up with some black market liquor?:lol:

My GF's parents are staying, I won't defend them except to say that's how some people here are. They stayed (stupidly) for Katrina but didn't actually see anything interesting except a tree fall down the street. They didn't even know of the chaos in downtown, uptown, mid-city, etc. until we called and told them. They can take care of themselves unless a tree falls or something really disastrous happens. Needless to say, my girlfriend is freaking out. Most everyone has already left or is leaving tomorrow.

When it turned cat 5 tonight and they announced mandatory evacs, there was a big rush to leave tonight. Everyone else is leaving tomorrow. The city is SOOOOOOOOO much more prepared this time. It won't be the same human tragedy. But the damage could potentially be much worse. It might also veer west and just brush by. But we won't know for another 2 days.

Hopefully this will just be a mini hurrication and we'll get drunk and swim and have a good time. Time will tell, wish me luck.
Best of luck to you man. The way it looks, this f**kers going to be a category 5 after it hits the warm waters of the gulf. Lets just hope it decides to die out to maybe a tropical storm before land fall.

CajunRicer

Master
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that's because you have common sense.

i hope it's nothing more than a sprinkle with a light breeze, but if s**t hits the fan again and people who refused to evacuate are left in rubble, i hope FEMA sits back and watches the aftermath
Yea, well we have common sense. but where i live will not get flooded, and my house a is a fortress.