Should street racers cars be crushed here in the U.S.A ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well IMO if thats the case... Mustangs/camaros/ect... that are sold on dealerships with superchargers/turbo's/ suspensions would be illegal as well.. so, if they try that s**t, every friggin car would have under 125HP!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Until you wreck your car or kill someone then it wouldn't have been to expensive racing on a track would it?
I totally agree. I think that the whole "well it costs too much money to race at a track between track costs and safety regulations for my car"........if its too expensive to do it the right way then dont do it at all.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There will always be racing as long as there are two cars on the same street.

LIke gun control. People that race at the track for fun will lose there cars, but the dumbasses on the streets will never stop.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
There will always be racing as long as there are two cars on the same street.

LIke gun control. People that race at the track for fun will lose there cars, but the dumbasses on the streets will never stop.
Unfortunately, thats because the dumbass on the street normally isnt the guy who has respect for his car and what it can do like the kind of person who would take their car to a track. Its not always a car that you would suspect. Thats why crushing cars that are modded isnt going to be effective.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Its a 2 sided debate, but crushing cars is way too costly.

What about drunk drivers that kill people with their automatic Camry's or Astrovans?

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hate to be the owner of one of those kitted new mustangs in canada :lol:

money is another reason street racing will always be around
people probably make more money street racing

i bet just about everyone on this site has street raced at some point in their lives

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I watched the video of those cars being crushed on youtube, its sad.. but they definitely learned their lesson. I wonder if they knew what the consequences were of street racing. If they didn't know their cars would get crushed then thats pretty crappy. The car crushing is debatable, but still, street racing will never stop.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have street raced. I admit. The one time I backed off because my friend kept trying to beat my stock 89 with traffic. Said the hell with that. The second time was on the highway. (not Interstate) We were the only two around. Third time I pretty much followed the two on a country road. Deer would die before people would then.

Am I saying street racing is alright to do? NO. By the time I catch someone on a residential street where any kids may be playing will be the last time for them. There car would be mine.

I guess my main rule is if bystanders are around to be harmed then count me out. I wont participate and I wont even go to watch.

Am I in the wrong for thinking this?

00civicguy

5+ Year Member
cant blame everyone

obviously racing has gotten outta hand...its a few people who ruin it for everyone else. i think if ur known 4 driving like an idiot and endangering the general public then u can deal with the consequences. f#?k em! i got nailed riding my bike 'in excess of 190'...my insurance went up 2 8000. i wasnt happy and had only myself 2 blame. i got off easy. im not a street racer but i like bikes...fortunately i dont ride often. i might speed a bit on the hwy but never in a residential zone

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I agree crush the f**kin driver, it's not the car's fault one bit. they're just destroying good money and parts there.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well IMO if thats the case... Mustangs/camaros/ect... that are sold on dealerships with superchargers/turbo's/ suspensions would be illegal as well.. so, if they try that s**t, every friggin car would have under 125HP!
How is that even a logical thought?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i bet just about everyone on this site has street raced at some point in their lives
:word:

Whos going to be paying for the crushing fees??

THE EGS THAT WERE CRUSHED AND STACKED UP WERE NOT STREET RACING! THEY HAD ILLEGAL MOTORS.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no.. its obviously an extreme punishment.... if you want to increase the fines that makes sense.. but its unreasonable to take away someones personal property like that..... also you have to take into account the BROAD statement of street racing..

street racing through an isolated road that cuts through MILES of forrest at 4am =/= street racing down the highway at 3pm

the fines and punishment SHOULD address that.. in NJ it does not currently take into account the situation.. and that to me is unfair..

cerasoli1188

Love/Hate Relationship
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no.. its obviously an extreme punishment.... if you want to increase the fines that makes sense.. but its unreasonable to take away someones personal property like that..... also you have to take into account the BROAD statement of street racing..

street racing through an isolated road that cuts through MILES of forrest at 4am =/= street racing down the highway at 3pm

the fines and punishment SHOULD address that.. in NJ it does not currently take into account the situation.. and that to me is unfair..
:word:

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
obviously racing has gotten outta hand...its a few people who ruin it for everyone else. i think if ur known 4 driving like an idiot and endangering the general public then u can deal with the consequences. f#?k em!
Thank you!
Street racing is not the problem, f**ken idiots that start acting stupid flying by ppl on the third lane that's not there, busting donuts ect...I remember back when I started street racing everything was organized, ppl never went around acting stupid. This are the kind of ppl that give street racing a bad name.

So am against crushing cars. I also admit I still street race but its not the same anymore. There's no more spectating everything is set up only for those who drive and build the car.
In all my time of street racing I never seen an accident.

And whoever is racing on the freeway is a f**ken idiot.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why won't this topic stay dead? Now that is the question.

pnyk33

Any car can be Raced
5+ Year Member
Street racing has been going on since they made cars. But the media/police have focused alot of there attention on imports and left the domestic morons alone I wonder what that is all about. Its profiling at its finest and noone gives a damn because most of us are younger and the cops like to abuse their power and intimidate. The sad part is the majority of us enthusiast do drive normal and blow it out on the weekend at the track. Its that old saying a few bad apples............ But I would love to see what they would do if someone in a highly modded domestic that was caught street racing as well you think they would crush that minty 68 Camaro. I highly doubt it they make more money off righting people in imports tickets for exhaust and altered suspension and all kinds of stupid s**t while the muscle cars can shake my house when they roll by. But will crushing cars stop or deter street racing nope not one bit this is there alternative to opening tracks I suppose makes total sense........

Status
Not open for further replies.