Sleeving a block

98_4door

Sexy Cabana Boy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice. yea the sleeves i was looking to get later down the road, are tested up to 30 psi

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dane K20 said:
I just did my K20A2 Block, sent it to California to Golden Eagle by the time I paid shipping just the sleeves were 1400.00. 600 for the sleeves, 650 labor and 150 shipping.
Here's a picture when I got it back. Supposed to hold 45 psi.

Wow i sure dont have 1400 to spend on sleeves! Might not go turbo after all D:

98_4door

Sexy Cabana Boy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FhCRubarb said:
Wow i sure dont have 1400 to spend on sleeves! Might not go turbo after all D:
dont let that scare ya from wanting a turbo. he spent a lot and basicly getting a bullet proof block. by doin that you wont have to worry bout runnin too much boost or not. you can still run the stock block easily at 8psi. money wise you can still build a good setup for a grand even less

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98_4door said:
dont let that scare ya from wanting a turbo. he spent a lot and basicly getting a bullet proof block. by doin that you wont have to worry bout runnin too much boost or not. you can still run the stock block easily at 8psi. money wise you can still build a good setup for a grand even less
not to mention a d series would be cheaper more than likely.im looking at about 1200 to sleeve my h series....

24-7

E Engineering
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FhCRubarb said:
I bet some people on here would love to tell me how one goes about sleeving a block and how much it costs at a machine shop. What exactly it is and does. I tried googling but came up short :cry:

I have darton sleeves in my D16A6.

Govacho

RUN THAT s**t.......
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have LA sleevs in my b16. Payed aroung $80. a sleev and about $600.00 for all the head work. Oh yea it was a brand spankin new blook also. Dont know if that make a differacne on the total out come cost. Just thought I'd out that in their.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since your looking to turbo your y8 I wouldnt even worry about the sleeves

just keep your pressure and turbo size low and you should be alright, with proper tuning of course

even if you do blow the motor, you will only have to buy another for maybe 600 dollars.... not that big of a deal

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Govacho said:
I have LA sleevs in my b16. Payed aroung $80. a sleev and about $600.00 for all the head work. Oh yea it was a brand spankin new blook also. Dont know if that make a differacne on the total out come cost. Just thought I'd out that in their.
where did you purchase the sleeves from?