so uhh... a pulley

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anf..your in look i happen to have a d16 motor (out of my si) sitting here do you need the tensioner? let me know i will ship here to you..no problem..

EDIT: mine looks like the one in the first and thrid pic...the one in the second pic is different. tell me which one you have and its yours.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey. AC condensor idle/tension pully. i didnt look at the posts before mine so if the question is answered w/e.

and that is NOT a water pump idler. s**t, i would never drive a car that uses a 40 series belt for a water pump.

instead of limping home in fear of your y7 blowing up try turning on your ac d00d

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man, the exact same thing happened to me about 2 months ago, except the pulley got wedged and wouldn't come out, so I had this horrible grinding noise. I drove mine without it for a couple days, so hopefully yours will be okay to drive too.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
FRODO said:
anf..your in look i happen to have a d16 motor (out of my si) sitting here do you need the tensioner? let me know i will ship here to you..no problem..

EDIT: mine looks like the one in the first and thrid pic...the one in the second pic is different. tell me which one you have and its yours.
all the photos are of the same pulley. and dude, that would be seriously f**king awesome...

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
did you fix it? Water pump is driven by the timing belt. I think that pulley is for for ac. I don't have ac or power steering so I'm guessing it connected to one them. It has a long bar that goes down to adjust it up and down correct? Pull that s**t off who needs ac in his freezing weather right. =) And who needs power steering 1 or 2 months with out and you will have some mad guns. Good luck in fixing shouldnt be that bad with basic tools. if you want to find a bolt and put it back on wiht a new belt.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it's for the a/c. i went thru the whole service manual :D i drove her to cinti and back today with no problems. need to get a new pulley and a new a/c belt now... oh, and an a/c fan

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your water pump is driven by the timing belt which is conceled under the timing cover

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The Grim Sleeper said:
Your water pump is driven by the timing belt which is conceled under the timing cover
yeah, i realized that after going thru the service manual. read my previous post.