Solar Orange Civic (96 EX Sedan)

Decipher

Registered VIP
So here's the stance after all adjusting and alignment. It's almost the same as when I had the lowering springs on my factory struts, except the rear is almost level with the front now. It's a temporary height until I get my exhaust(which hangs nearly 2" lower than it should) welded. I had it tucking tire all the way around when I first dropped the car off the jacks and I was scraping the exhaust just from imperfections in the road making the car bounce slightly. There's still plenty of room on the sleeves for more low. It's been several days of driving on these and I'm really happy with the ride. Hopefully I'll have the piping fixed and I'll be able to go about 1" lower all the way around by may or june of next year so I can be sitting right for the ECHM.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Yep hurry up and get that exhaust done and lower

Decipher

Registered VIP
Yep hurry up and get that exhaust done and lower
Yea dude, I'm really wishing I could just do the exhaust myself somehow but it's just so wrong that it needs a complete overhaul. And the amount that I'm going to further lower it probably won't be that noticeable beyond how it is now... But every little bit is noticeable to me.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Height looks good IMO.
Thanks. Yea, I'm just happy that I'm able to make up for the crooked stance in front and level it out, and the rear isn't so much higher any more. I won't be going too much lower than how she is now.

The new low looks good, hey what percentage is your tint?
Thanks mang. I'm pretty sure it's either 30 or 35 all the way around + sunroof. It's the perfect amount if you ask me. It always looks dark in pictures, but it not ridiculously dark.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No it looks just dark enough for me, I was thinking 25% for mine but may go 30% instead.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Tint is one of those things where I feel you can only go wrong if it's like really dark...and if there are different tints on the same side of the car(darker on the rear and lighter on the front). I know people usually do this due to state laws, but it looks retarded and I refuse to allow the state to dictate something stupid like that. Mine legally should be no darker than 50% in the front... NO. I don't think florida has a law like that though.

But yea, 25% or 30%, I don't think either would look bad.

christer93

Here are the most recent pictures of the car. Immediate plans include LS Mesh wheels, lowering it about an inch more and getting a new muffler put on.

And this is the only one showing the rear, but it's before I painted the rims.

[/QUOTE]

yo that orange is looking sick
i would paint the side skirts n lips tho n some new wheels but overall looking good!

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I refuse to disobey law after getting window tint tickets no thank you. I just think needs about 1 more inch dropped down.

Decipher

Registered VIP
This car is looking delicious. Love the paint
Thanks!

yo that orange is looking sick
i would paint the side skirts n lips tho n some new wheels but overall looking good!
I have painted sideskirts... I just keep the black on because I like it more and don't care if they get beat on. And I have gotten some new wheels since those photos that you referenced in your comment. Thanks for the kind words!

I refuse to disobey law after getting window tint tickets no thank you. I just think needs about 1 more inch dropped down.
Yea, it's a risk I choose to take. I make sure to give cops as little reason to pull me over as I can.

love the taillights. think i might smoke mine as well
Thanks, man. Not too many people like them like that, but it fits my vision for the car. You can definitely over-do it so just be careful if you decide to try it.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Hope everybody had a safe holiday. Just got back from our weekend in NJ... wow, I forgot how bad the roads are up there. f**k NJ. Merry Xmas everyone!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man its crazy how much that car reminds me of my old orange hatch...

Lookin stellar!

Decipher

Registered VIP
Man its crazy how much that car reminds me of my old orange hatch...

Lookin stellar!
Thanks man.

Well just as an update, I've been riding the progress coilovers for 2 weeks now and I absolutely love them. :cool: As I've stated before, the height I am at now is fairly close to where I intend to keep it. Maybe another 1/2" all the way around once I pick my exhaust up off the ground.

I transitioned from 14"x6" wheels with 65 series tires to 15"x7" on 50 series just a week or so before getting the coilovers, so it's hard to distinguish which changes in the feel and handling are attributed to those two factors. I can definitely feel more of the road and the cornering feels much more tight with less give... more stable. I can't wait to pick up some sway bars and some other parts.

Anyway. I'm happy with my purchases over the last month... I think they really changed the look and added to the car in a good way.

Happy new year to every one here and make it a safe one!

Oh I thought this gift for my son was pretty neat. I think I've played with it more than him.

Almost the same color as my car. Better paint job though.

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
Your car is still looking fly man! the black housing lights and smoked tailights look great on your car!

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Thanks for the addition to my screen saver bro. Car looks great.