Solar Orange Civic (96 EX Sedan)

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
Hey been gone a while and just got caught back up with your thread. She's looking as sexy as ever. ESPECIALLY with that sign on top. ;)

Decipher

Registered VIP
Hey been gone a while and just got caught back up with your thread. She's looking as sexy as ever. ESPECIALLY with that sign on top. ;)
Thanks man. Fact is, that sign is on the car more often than not... I might as well show her in her true form. Sucks but hey, it pays the bills.

Decipher

Registered VIP
So, I haven't been on in a while. Figured I'd pop in and complain about spending money on the ride. I'm actually not complaining... just reflecting on past mistakes and how I intend to solve them.

Since buying the new wheels w/ brand new tires + the progress cs2 setup, I've pretty much watched the camber wear eat entirely through the front rubber where I was under the impression that I needed no adjustable UCA to account for the ride height throwing my camber out. The alignment was done, yet I'm looking at worthless tires in just under 4 months. The washer trick in the rear really helped and almost no wear has occurred back there. I just had a rotate and balance about a week ago.

Anyway, I'm planning on getting the Ingalls camber kit for the front. They come out to about $250 with the ball joints pressed in and polyurethane instead of rubber. I should have those by the end of march, hopefully before the 2nd pair of tires get too terribly bad.

That's all that's going on with me. Hollar at me! And who is all going to the ECHM? I'm psyched.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
jhpusa.com has buddy club UCA camber kit for 165 right now, thats what I'm getting in a few weeks. Not sure what bushings it has tho.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Pretty much everything I've found, except for the top of the line Skunk 2 set (which is the same price), all come with rubber... I might be mistaken though.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just curious, did you get an alignment after installing the coilovers. Oftentimes, it is the toe in/out that will eat away at the tires. It can be the camber, but it is usually not. I would recommend an alignment asap and have the shop set the toe to 0 on each wheel. That should solve the problem. I'm lowered roughly 2"-2.5" on my adjustable sleeves with no camber kits. I didn't even do the washer trick in the rear. I just got an alignment right after the installation. My car has been like that since June with no uneven or accelerated wear. It's worth a shot for a roughly $60-$80 alignment before a $150-$200 camber kit.

I plan to go to ECHM. Hopefully my swap will be done and we can have a CC meet up before the actual meet.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Just curious, did you get an alignment after installing the coilovers. Oftentimes, it is the toe in/out that will eat away at the tires. It can be the camber, but it is usually not. I would recommend an alignment asap and have the shop set the toe to 0 on each wheel. That should solve the problem. I'm lowered roughly 2"-2.5" on my adjustable sleeves with no camber kits. I didn't even do the washer trick in the rear. I just got an alignment right after the installation. My car has been like that since June with no uneven or accelerated wear. It's worth a shot for a roughly $60-$80 alignment before a $150-$200 camber kit.

I plan to go to ECHM. Hopefully my swap will be done and we can have a CC meet up before the actual meet.
I got an alignment immediately after installing and adjusting my coilovers...