Someone hit me while riding my motorcycle

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your actually pretty lucky man... i refuse to get a bike again with how badly people drive these days.

my parents here hit on my bike a few years back, and they were lucky too. my stepfather had road rash, and my mom broke her wrist and has only 75% use of her left hand. we re-built and sold the bike.

not long after that, my girlfriend lent her bike to a friend of hers and he was hit by a drunk driver and is now paralyzed from the stomach down... he's very lucky to have lived.

hope you arent in pain further down the road from this man.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i refuse to get a bike again with how badly people drive these days.
This. People scare the s**t out of me when Im in a f**king car. I also live about 20 minutes outside of a ghetto neighborhood, so seeing people being TERRIBLE drivers is even more than a daily occurrence. I cant drive 2 miles to Shop Rite without thinking "stupid f**king idiot" at least once.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I forgot to mention that it wasn't at a stop light. A car was just simply turning onto another street while waiting for traffic. None-the-less the guy that hit me failed to notice 2 cars and a motorcycle stopped ahead of them. I'd almost say they were between 17- 20. Probably texting.

And as me being optimistic, I can't let myself get down. I was capable of opening my eyes up for another day. I always look at things as they could be worse. Found out another motorcyclist was killed yesterday also. So my accident was pretty damn good. My father was also in a bad bike accident about 5 years ago. Someone pulled out in front of them and he laid it down. Almost died.

I am currently trying to figure out all of the insurance crap. I will probably pick the bike up tomorrow and take a couple pictures. ERR I mean I'll probably ride along to pick my bike up. Cant put full pressure on my left leg yet.

Sue, check the phone records. If he sent a text or anything like that before the accident you should be able to get a nice sum of money.

Don't think of it as being a d**k, you're teaching them a lesson now so they don't make the mistake again.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I WOULD think of it as being a d**k. If they crash into you because they did something illegally, then you have EVERY RIGHT to sue the s**t out of them. I would.

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ffs people make mistakes. it happens. glad to hear you're okay man, but you know what risks you deal with when riding a bike. I agree that its s**t you shouldn't have to worry about, but unfortunately thats the world we live in. as for suing the s**t outta him... thats bs. thats part of the problem with the world we live in today... let the law take action against them, dont make it a personal vendetta and go out to f**k up that kids life.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I WOULD think of it as being a d**k. If they crash into you because they did something illegally, then you have EVERY RIGHT to sue the s**t out of them. I would.
Well I'm still in the process of getting a hold of the officer at the scene. I didn't talk to them there because i was taken by squad to the hospital to make sure I didn't have any spinal damage. And I guess I was discharged (4 hrs later) before the officer got there. So it's been cat and mouse trying to contact them. I don't live in the city I live about 30 minutes away...

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would have got up and kicked that bitches door in lol but anyways hope you have a good and fast recovery, or a long and painful one, easier to get money if you know what i mean ;)

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow....some people dont even see cars when they try to merge on the left lane(mostly because of their ignorance to look) much less a bike...but glad your ok and i hope you get better soon

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ffs people make mistakes. it happens. glad to hear you're okay man, but you know what risks you deal with when riding a bike. I agree that its s**t you shouldn't have to worry about, but unfortunately thats the world we live in. as for suing the s**t outta him... thats bs. thats part of the problem with the world we live in today... let the law take action against them, dont make it a personal vendetta and go out to f**k up that kids life.
If this kid blatantly disregarded the law so that he could text his buddy, Op has EVERY right to sue the s**t out of him. OP is the victim, and if he wants to make a civil case out of it, he has every right to. The problem with the world today suing people is when THEY are the ones who were stupid, then sue. When someone burglarizes my house, then sues me because I shot them.....thats bullshit. When somebody sticks their hand in a running lawn mower, and sues the maker of the lawn mower.....thats bullshit. When some slut spills hot McDonalds coffee on her pussy, and sues them over it......thats bullshit.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ffs people make mistakes. it happens. glad to hear you're okay man, but you know what risks you deal with when riding a bike. I agree that its s**t you shouldn't have to worry about, but unfortunately thats the world we live in. as for suing the s**t outta him... thats bs.thats part of the problem with the world we live in today... let the law take action against them, dont make it a personal vendetta and go out to f**k up that kids life.
:word:

What if he wasn't texting? Not everyone texts and drives. Maybe he was having a start to a shitty day and the last thing he thought of was what he didnt see. Not trying to take any aim off the person who HIT the OP just saying, you dont know everyones struggles and battles that they live with daily. :roll:

As for people who sue just for a lawsuit, I 100% agree. Thats f**king bull s**t but again, its the world we live in. People are f**ked up.

OP glad your ok like I said. Could've been alot worse. Should be thankful that your still around to talk about it and have all your limbs and not a vegetable.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:word:

What if he wasn't texting? Not everyone texts and drives. Maybe he was having a start to a shitty day and the last thing he thought of was what he didnt see. Not trying to take any aim off the person who HIT the OP just saying, you dont know everyones struggles and battles that they live with daily. :roll:
Although I understand where you are coming from, having a shitty day is NOT an excuse for not paying attention. It simply isnt at all. If the guy couldnt pay attention due to having such a shitty day, then he shouldnt have f**king driven that day.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bikers die all the time, my buddy said he saw a biker crash and die. he pulled over as an eye witness. cop came over all mad and dragged the dead biker from the freeway from his left leg. He said this s**t happens all the time.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wow now thats just crazy......they should have blocked off the lane and waited for EMS and possibly even an investigator to arrive.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea but my buddy was the eyewitness and the biker was going to fast he lost control, flew off and died no investigation needed. The cop just wanted to get cars moving again. All the cars were being noisy and slowing down. Jeeeze its like they never seen a dead body before, and they probably havent.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive been riding for almost 3 years, only had 2 close calls. one was my fault, but i changed lanes before anything bad happened. the other was a stupid blonde b***h talking on her cell phone. i literaly saw her from a mile away. and wasnt really surprised when she pulled out in front of me. and from personal experience, around here, ive found that truck drivers are actually the most curtious drivers.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea but my buddy was the eyewitness and the biker was going to fast he lost control, flew off and died no investigation needed. The cop just wanted to get cars moving again. All the cars were being noisy and slowing down. Jeeeze its like they never seen a dead body before, and they probably havent.
Oh okay, so no investigation was needed. But I still feel as if they should have waited for EMS to get their. Dragging someones body off a road just seems so insensitive. Im not saying bury the f**king dude there, but lets show some respect. At least let EMS carry his body off on a stretcher. Traffic can merge and allow one lane to close down.
and from personal experience, around here, ive found that truck drivers are actually the most curtious drivers.
They are also normally the best drivers, because they do it all the time. They are cautious because their job relies on maintaining a good driving record. But whenever I am on the turnpike, and it splits to "cars only" and "trucks and buses".....I always go on the "trucks and buses side.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree, they should of covered the body and follow procedures. Poor dude....

Originally Posted by joe7987 View Post
The only difference between a pear and an apple is the shape, color and taste and I don't have access to the biological means to alter those so I'm not going to change those things. However, I think I should start calling my pear by the name of "apple."

My buddy is a trucker and he has to be a safe driver in all possible ways, if there is an accident, they have more insurance than the average joe. they cover there ass in all possible ways and they have an attorney ready to fight for them. Dont mess with them and they wont mess with you.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are considered "professional drivers". I've had my share of truckers be douche bags tho. Like not merging over in the other lane when I'm getting on a onramp and s**t like that. Canadians are the worst up here in Maine. They drive like absolute s**t. Total disregard for the speed limits, coming through towns late at night with their jake brakes on.. I swear they hit every moose they see too.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They are considered "professional drivers". I've had my share of truckers be douche bags tho. Like not merging over in the other lane when I'm getting on a onramp and s**t like that.
Not to burst your bubble......but when merging onto a highway, you are supposed to conform to the rest of the traffic on the highway, not others getting out of your way. Yes, it is polite to allow someone room to merge, but they are not required to.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not to burst your bubble......but when merging onto a highway, you are supposed to conform to the rest of the traffic on the highway, not others getting out of your way. Yes, it is polite to allow someone room to merge, but they are not required to.
:word: most will be polite and get over for you IF they can. if not youll just have to ride the berm till you can get in.