Someone hit me while riding my motorcycle

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
While merging onto a road by a onramp, you are supposed to yield to the traffic coming by. They have yield signs here in Ohio, I dunno about anywhere else.

Well getting ready to go with my stepdad and his friend to pick up the bike. Pictures should follow within in the next hour or two.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word: most will be polite and get over for you IF they can. if not youll just have to ride the berm till you can get in.
I know this. 95% of Maine highway is only 2 lanes. I'm talking about when theres no one else on the road and they dont merge over >.<

OP, What were you riding for a bike?

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
04 kaw ninja 500. Nice little bike I could putt around with. Low insurance

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you going to get next? Moving up to a 600 from a 500 is a hugeeee difference, plus the bike holds value more when you go to resell it. Any ideas?

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you going to get next? Moving up to a 600 from a 500 is a hugeeee difference, plus the bike holds value more when you go to resell it. Any ideas?
I had a 600. I was getting raped in insurance so I sold that. I'm not sure what I'll get. I dont care about power. I just ride.

uploading pictures on the first post.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So how much is it going to cost to repair?
Me? Nothing lol. I have a feeling they will just total it. Hit back tire so the back wheel could be bent and then all of the bearings and s**t

I heard a16 year old was cited for possesion after a accident that occurred on the same road. Have to confirm to see if it was the kid that hit me.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea check it out, also any updates on whether he was texting or not?

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UPDATES:
Ok about the accident first. I can't prove if he was texting. Only thing that was on the police report was a citation for assured clear distance or something like that.

I mention something about drug charges. The kid hit me is 16 and everything matches to the drug incident in the news paper. Age, road, accident. But for being a juve, the records are sealed.

The bike. Insurance company had me get it taken to a bike shop so nothing gets missed. The guy was explaining to me that if anything has a scratch or ding it gets replaced. I got on a website to get a close estimate of some parts: www.motogrid.com

According to www.nada.com the bikes "Average Retail" sits at $2,160. I'm assuming it will be totaled.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Talk to a lawyer, they should be able to get the records for you. If the kid was texting or on drugs, you could definitely sue him.....and you SHOULD.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Talk to a lawyer, they should be able to get the records for you. If the kid was texting or on drugs, you could definitely sue him.....and you SHOULD.
I talked to a lawyer already. He said he was going to make a couple calls for me but I'm not sure if he is interested in representing me. I didn't have any life threatening injuries so it wouldn't make sense to pay him 1/3rd of the little bit I'll likely see. He represented my father when someone pulled out in front of him, but my dad was moving around 55 and had head injuries that were life threatening. (no helmet laws in ohio)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Paying him 1/3 of what you win gets you more money than nothing at all. Just make sure he is one of those lawyers that doesnt charge you if you dont win.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paying him 1/3 of what you win gets you more money than nothing at all. Just make sure he is one of those lawyers that doesnt charge you if you dont win.
He's not. What I'm saying is he most likely won't be able to get much more out of the deal then what I will get anyways. So when its said and done after his 1/3 I will lose money.. I don't know yet though. He is a pretty straight forward dude though.

On another note. Bike shop called and told me that when they unloaded the bike there was a squeal coming from the motor.. I consider the bike totaled anyways so at this point its whatever.

Girl told me she wanted to go riding, and that this winter WE will have to save up for a bike for next summer.. We have only been dating for 8 months. lmao

papichulo26

I f**king hate retards that don't f**king use common sense when driving hitting the people they shouldn't be hitting glad you ok man thats what really matters cause bike can be fixed....