Sound System Suggestion

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i went with the speaker and tweeter separate, since my ex came w/ tweeters..figured might as well spend the lil bit extra..im very happy w/ my sound

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no bass coming through your speakers? where's your midbass?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i gata alpine type r 12 for sale, and a rockford p2 for sale if anywone wants 2 nice ass subs

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
eggy for the box how will i know if the guy made the box to the spec? also wat would be good for the 6x9 in the rear? wheres the best place to mount the tweeter theres no factory mount? sry ihave alot of questions

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
also im curious as to why you didnt recommend any JL audio equip i heard theyre the best in the game

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
don't need the speakers in the rear, rear speakers just pull your sound stage back. a good set upfront on some good power is more than enough. you can either put the tweeters on the apillar or high up on the door itself(whereever u think it sounds best) as far as the box, the best thing u can do is measure it.

JL audio makes some decent stuff...there's better out there for the money.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
JL ALL THE WAYYY babyyyyyyyyyy woooooooo!

Mieky_ny

5+ Year Member
i can build a box but a good one? not so much lol i dnt knw my ins n outs with them. why are kikers n fosgates so bad?
yes. and you should make your own box most of the time the factory boxes are a little restrictive and youll probally get more outta your sub if you have a different box. do you have jus 1 sub or 2 ?? and whats your goal to have your music soundin like? you like more bass or more voices or mayb a mix.....

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Use plexy glass!

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
yes. and you should make your own box most of the time the factory boxes are a little restrictive and youll probally get more outta your sub if you have a different box. do you have jus 1 sub or 2 ?? and whats your goal to have your music soundin like? you like more bass or more voices or mayb a mix.....
my goals are to have a good mixture. I want it loud with no distortion or cracking. But yes a good mixture leaning a little to the bass side but nothing overboard. eggys suggestions look good to my knowledge if anyone disagrees well im open to suggestions :D

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
ok im gonna go with your suggestions, probably wont start until i figure out if im gonna gut my car and paint it this year or not thanks this is a lot of good info... so does anybody have pics of their tweeters mounted on their A pillar? I want to see what it looks like to try to get some ideas on how to do mine in the future. also placements of 2 amps, capacitor, sub in a hatch... not a lot of room to play with and I was planning on pulling my back seat out. maybe i can get someone to make a custom box to be able to fit in the wheel well? lol it'd be pretty cool and just have it come out of the carpet. :D

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
caps are useless. do the big 3, and put a nice batt upfront. also, 2.5 cube box isn't really big so you should have space back there for the box, 2 amps, and another batt.
The big 3? what's that exactly sry not used to this lingo haha also what kind of batt is good and price?