start up misfire

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Head Gasket is probably blown....

Go get a Honda OEM headgasket, with OEM timing belt, OEM waterpump

tensioner, Cam Seal and Crank Seal while you are in there.

Replace your VC Gasket set again, Oil change, then 500 miles later another oil change, to get out any antifreeze.

Also flush your radiator and new thermostat....

Teck95

5+ Year Member
i dont like the honda oem gaskets thats whats on there now with 60 k on it and its blown..... its a compressions style i cant find anything about the graphite ones

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont like the honda oem gaskets thats whats on there now with 60 k on it and its blown..... its a compressions style i cant find anything about the graphite ones
oem is best. something obviously wasn't done right or torqued to spec if its leaking with 60k on it..

Teck95

5+ Year Member
i had a shop do it 3 years ago i dont really have the money for the oem kit thats why i was looking after market

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just pick up a fel pro head gasket and manual from oreily's and become a pro at changing the head gasket this weekend.

Teck95

5+ Year Member
i have a hanes manual. i found a gasket it online one ebay that comes with arp head studs but its talking about the graphite gasket i never heared of em buts its only like 60 bucks

Teck95

5+ Year Member
im getting alot of mixed answers do i actually have to remove the cam? or can i leave it in the head?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have to take the head off to get to the gasket, so why bother taking the cam off?

cizan316

i had a shop do it 3 years ago i dont really have the money for the oem kit thats why i was looking after market
How much did the shop charge you for this. Im thinking about doing this myself.

If you google "how to change head gasket civic" the first link should help you out on whether or not to take out the cams

Teck95

5+ Year Member
it was like 600 and i had the timeing belt and waterpump done . doing it myself this time

cizan316

600 isnt bad. Ill have to look around for shops then. Im having similar misfire issues. My car will start rough and idle low and feels like not all cylinders are firing till rpms slowly rise and everything smooths out. Im also loosing coolent. Have to get a leak down test done.

If you do it yourself, try to do a write-up while your at it lol.

EJ2Civic1

white smoke could be a burnt valve for sure i agree with snofox though do a good check on everything before you start throwing money were moneys not needed...