Stealthy's Turbo GSR Build Up Thread

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Long story short, im running nitrous on my stock gsr currently. i decided a few days ago that i wanted to ditch the zex kit and give her some boost lovin. well, i ended up buying a gt35r that night and things went a little further than originally intended (goals of 250whp on stock motor). anywho, now im goin for 400whp and decided to do a mild bottom end build to support it.

I'll keep this thread updated as i get parts and what not. im shooting to be finished in about 4 months, we'll see how that goes.

After ordering the GT35r two days ago, i went to pick up some JE 9:1 pistons today. i also was finally here at my house when the UPS man stopped by (for the 3rd try) with my stage 3 Six puck clutch (i got for my current setup, however i think i will have to step it up for the turbo). the clutch is F1 Racing, the only reason i got it is bc my friend got one just like it and its been holding up great on his b16 w/100 shot. the flywheel is a 7.5 lb Findanza my turbo should be here in about a week or so and same with the Eagle Rods

THE VICTIM

JE 9:1 Pistons

Fidanza 7.5 lb Flywheel

F1 Racing Stage 3 Six Puck Carbotic Clutch

UPDATE 8/16/06

GT35r
Type S BOV
Eagle H Beam Rods

UPDATE 8/20
CP 81.5mm 9:1 pistons to replace the JE's i have

UPDATE 8/22
ARP Headstuds
Cometic 81.5mm Headgasket

UPDATE 8/23
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket (schweet)

UPDATE 8/23 #2

UPDATE 8/25
water pump, itr oil pump and timing belt

UPDATE 9/8
Padawon PS removal kit

slowly but surely, off to the machine shop

UPDATE 10/21
Some machine work done, still in progress

UPDATE 11/13
finally back from the machine shop, kinda assembled....

UPDATE 11/15
got the block and head painted and started "final assembly"

UPDATE 11/19

UPDATE 11/26
motor is completely assembled and ready to drop back in

UPDATE 11/28
motor finally back in, just gotta wire everything up and whatnot

UPDATE 3/7/07
yonaka fmic

UPDATE 3/15/07
aem fpr

UPDATE 3/27/07
stealthmode oil line kit

UPDATE 3/30/07
blaast performance 46mm wastegate

UPDATE 4/23/07
synapse ramhorn/dp/dt

UPDATE 4/24/07
greddy turbo timer

UPDATE 11/05/07
skunk2 cam gears

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sweet! Looks like you're off to a great start!

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thankya, oh and to anyone that is out of the loop, here is the car

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you cock!!!!!!!!

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
w00t!! another gt35r....nice man, that's what i like to see :D

mo powaaaaaaaaaaaa

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys.....any input as far as what i should do for my sleeves would be great. i need swayed one way or another between block posting and block guard. i know i know, sleeve it, however im waiting until next year to send it to benson for the REAL build up;) so right now im looking for a more cost effective alternative

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
thanks guys.....any input as far as what i should do for my sleeves would be great. i need swayed one way or another between block posting and block guard. i know i know, sleeve it, however im waiting until next year to send it to benson for the REAL build up;) so right now im looking for a more cost effective alternative
man, just do it now. SLEEVE IT NOW.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn man. cant wait to see this build.

Hopefully. JK man.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol

damn jezek, tempting....i hate waiting! ive talked to jeff evans and he says i will be ok at 400 with stock sleeves with a good tune

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
lol

damn jezek, tempting....i hate waiting! ive talked to jeff evans and he says i will be ok at 400 with stock sleeves with a good tune
Why risk it tho? Do it right now, and save ANY possible problems in the future. What if you want to push that GT35r to it's potential somewhere down the road ;) heh

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:
Why risk it tho? Do it right now, and save ANY possible problems in the future. What if you want to push that GT35r to it's potential somewhere down the road ;) heh
well i mean im maxin that turbo out next summer, but along with that will come sleeves. i really do feel confident about it though, ive dont ALOT of research. trust me if i didnt feel confident i definatly would not risk my motor!

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
stealthy said:
neither. jeff evans is running stock honda sleeves to 450-500 whp, and over 525 on his personal car, for over 2 years. thats plenty. if you want more than that, spend the 800-1000 bucks and get your s**t sleeved. both posting and especially block guards have their downsides, and neither provides for any real increase in the power potential.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
neither. jeff evans is running stock honda sleeves to 450-500 whp, and over 525 on his personal car, for over 2 years. thats plenty. if you want more than that, spend the 800-1000 bucks and get your s**t sleeved. both posting and especially block guards have their downsides, and neither provides for any real increase in the power potential.
yeah, ive honestly been reading everything for the last two days all day long lol and ive decided to not sleeve, no block guard, and not to post. like i said, this is a 400whp build. next summer or so i want to go for 650, and i will certainly be sending it to benson along with beefier internals

im either gonna make the drive to jeff evans for tuning or going to Zerolift in cincinatti

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
stealthy said:
yeah, ive honestly been reading everything for the last two days all day long lol and ive decided to not sleeve, no block guard, and not to post. like i said, this is a 400whp build. next summer or so i want to go for 650, and i will certainly be sending it to benson along with beefier internals

im either gonna make the drive to jeff evans for tuning or going to Zerolift in cincinatti
i would go with evans. i live in cincy and from what i have heard zerolift does ok work and charges out the ass.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ImportFan1 said:
i would go with evans. i live in cincy and from what i have heard zerolift does ok work and charges out the ass.
i think i want crome and idk if evans does that or not, i know he does neptune. alot of people on ohiohondas were saying "blunder" at zerolift is one of the best tuners around. then theres slow motion in columbus, but ive recently vowed to right them off completely.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I run oldskool Uberdata and I like it alot, actually..

Whoa... 400hp on a stock block, unsleeved? :shock:

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
qwikxr said:

Well, I wouldn't do it on an H, but maybe it's cool on the B series :what:

I learn something new everyday =)

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
qwikxr said:

yeah uberdata is definatly oldskool. crome is pretty equal to hondata s300 and blows s200 out of the water as far as performance goes