steering wheel shakin...

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
running at 120 km/h, my steering wheel still shake a bit...i already went to a shop for wheel balancing and alignment after rotating my tires... but i still have the same problem...
what do you think about this?
thanks in advance..

VTi_ME

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BAD tires

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dunno about bad tires...but its either one of two things now that you've done alignment and balance....air pressure in the tires is incorrect....or your rotors are warped and need to be turned or replaced....i'm leaning towards rotors...i had the same problem...slapped new rotors on and problem solved....

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
civic98turbo said:
i dunno about bad tires...but its either one of two things now that you've done alignment and balance....air pressure in the tires is incorrect....or your rotors are warped and need to be turned or replaced....i'm leaning towards rotors...i had the same problem...slapped new rotors on and problem solved....
rotors? your reffering to the break rotors?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When the brake rotors on my '97 became warped they made the wheel shake.

Holman_00

5+ Year Member
yea its the rotors had the same problem so my dad said but yet haven't fixed them lol ill do it dis week end

civiclxb16a

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had the same problem and my civic was on steelies i changed to mesh rims with new tires and the shake went a way, i would check the tires first before you go out and spend money take your rear tires and put them on the front and see if it still does it

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic98turbo said:
:werd:

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
civiclxb16a said:
i had the same problem and my civic was on steelies i changed to mesh rims with new tires and the shake went a way, i would check the tires first before you go out and spend money take your rear tires and put them on the front and see if it still does it
you got a point there..
i just rotated my wheel from back to front thats why i went to the shop ang balanced it..
i guess i have to rotate it back and see if its still shakin...
or else dic a hole on my pocket :(

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
double post..sorry

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
could be ball joints. my brothers car shook like that. one day he backed itt up the driveway to take pictures and the lower ball joint pretty much fell off. now hes got new ones and the shake is gone

AgentSlim

Do Work Son
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
civiclxb16a said:

I want some meshies:lol:

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
gee..thanks for the replies...
il try to check this list of possible causes of wiggle.. and see whos the culprit.
1. Tires
2. break rotors
3. ball joints
4. tie rod ends

hope this list wont continue :(

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Could also be alignment. I had shake for a while and took mine in for my yearly alignment and it took care of it. Also could be a bad motor mount.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ian01ex said:
Could also be alignment. I had shake for a while and took mine in for my yearly alignment and it took care of it. Also could be a bad motor mount.
i did my alignment also after the wheel balance....btw..did the shake occur on specific speed?
mine occur during 140km/h and above....

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had the same problem and I got all of the same tires and my shaking went away.

Kingjames83

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had the same problem, turns out I just had snow and ice on my rims.. I took it to a car wash and it was gone. I don't think this is your problem though seeing as your in UAE abu dhabi

civiclxb16a

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kingjames83 said:
I had the same problem, turns out I just had snow and ice on my rims.. I took it to a car wash and it was gone. I don't think this is your problem though seeing as your in UAE abu dhabi
lol you know what i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago it scared the hell out of, but instead of going to the car wash i just put soem hot water on the rims and knocked off all the ice and i was good to go