Steviezee47's Black Ej8

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Skunk2 Throttle body review: This was by far the worst product ever installed. I installed it with great excitement and as soon as i turned on the motor, it was hell. The engine was misfiring terribly!!! It was burning oil like no other. Keep in mind that my engine if in fairly healthy condition. I am going to get a refund for this product. I followed the skunk2 instructions thoroughly and had 3 other people look at it. As soon as i put in my old throttle body it was running good again

emerican

Registered VIP
If the car still has a d series in it 68mm is alot on a non turbod d. Most people just throw a 60 mm b series t-body on there and thats plenty.

kozy6871

You probably need bigger injectors to go with the extra air you are flowing. It was most likely misfiring from a lean condition. I might be wrong, too.

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a b16 with a skunk2 intake manifold that has a 64mm opening and an Edelbrock TB with a 65mm opening. I upgraded to a 68mm opening and s*** sounded bad

I think the guy i bought it from sold me a broken one. I will give you guys more updates as they come. As of the moment dont blame skunk2 yet

emerican

Registered VIP
Oh ok i should have re read and saw it was a bseries my bad.
Intake mani needs to match the tbody to get optimal performace from it, but dont know how big of a problem it would cause if any if it wasnt.

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bringing this back from the dead!!!!

Updates: The boost project has been long delayed but now the money is flowing in thanks to my new Honda job. So I still have the GSR longblock in my garage and it will get its da to shine and be built. But for now the b16 is getting all the love. Im just going to boost the stock b16a2 and have that hold over my boost urges while i build the GSR. The next item to buy on my boost list is the hondata s300 with a p28 ecu and boost solenoid installed for $810. This should be the last major expensive item I buy. Other than that its just a bunch of small cheaper stuff to buy