10+ Year Member
YAY depression FTW, better stock up on shotties and ammo

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it will calm down, just the sale of Merrill Lynch and Lehman going under shook confidence. Things will come back again they always do.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/15/markets/markets_newyork2/index.htm?cnn=yes

anyone wanna speculate on tommorow? im guessing its gonna keep going down
I don't know. Usually this is an overreaction and it'll make a decent jump back up tomorrow and hang there for awhile. While it is bad news, i think the markets went a little crazy.

I've been thinking about throwing some more money into Citigroup (C). With another couple hundred shares, i might be able to bring my average cost per share down to below the average of the last couple weeks. Might finally get back into the black on that position. ;)

Today was a bad day though. I lost an absolute shitload of money.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so yesterday they came back a little... bit today is shaping up to be just like monday

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so yesterday they came back a little... bit today is shaping up to be just like monday
This is crazy. S&P down 3.7% :shock:

I'm torn on what to do, though. This could be a wonderful buying opportunity, but it caries a ton of risk too.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if i were in the stock market i would wait this one out. it is a great buying opportunity for sure. the stock market will eventually make a come back. but you never know how much lower its going to go before it makes its rebound.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We are in a depression right now.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Government information will show you that since President Lyndon Johnson, all the Democratic administrations have had revenue grow more than expenditures. The Republican administrations all have had expenditures grow more than revenues.

Based on that little bit of consistancy, if McCain and "lipstick pig" win, where will we be in 4 years?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Government information will show you that since President Lyndon Johnson, all the Democratic administrations have had revenue grow more than expenditures. The Republican administrations all have had expenditures grow more than revenues.

Based on that little bit of consistancy, if McCain and "lipstick pig" win, where will we be in 4 years?
With more people taking loans out on houses they can't afford and then defaulting?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...and then the government bailing out companies that make bad financial decisions using the taxpayer's money.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i were in the stock market i would wait this one out. it is a great buying opportunity for sure. the stock market will eventually make a come back. but you never know how much lower its going to go before it makes its rebound.
Just bought 700 more shares of C @ $13.95 :scurred: :shocked3:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man -453. terrible day.

whitey53005

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the opportunity to buy with the situation that the market is in right now. It will allow more people to invest. I only have stock in Wisconsin Energy but with the markets being low this is inticing me to get more involved and start to diversify.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just bought 700 more shares of C @ $13.95 :scurred: :shocked3:
i might have to jump on that as well, seeing how over the past 5 years or so they have been selling for around $50

2k5civic

i hate imports...! siiike
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
recession indeed ! depression..well atleast not yet.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
... i think that's a huuuuuuge risk.
It is. But the possible gains are huge was well. The risk is worth it for me, in this case, but obviously many others don't think so :laugh:

Short term i'd be incredibly scared and would be pulling money out, but long term i'm sure the financial sector will rebound. If Citigroup makes its way back to it's average price of the last 5 years, within the next couple years, i'll be doing pretty well :mrgreen:

Of course, if Citigroup goes under, there goes all my savings towards a down payment on a house :shock:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeeeaaahh, i'd be scared. all these banks going down... yep, i'd be one of the ones running scared. i wouldn't think about investing now unless i had a ton of money i didn't mind losing.