swap to beat STI

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok that is what i was thinking :lol: you should not have lost. what is done to the STi?

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
FRODO said:
ok that is what i was thinking :lol: you should not have lost. what is done to the STi?
just a greddy EVO cat back, this is my first awd car so im trying to get used to launching it. you know if you rev it to 5 grand and dump the clutch its spins all four LOL, its a fun ass car to drive. first time experencing that.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah they are a blast to drive. Very well designed and built cars.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FRODO said:
Please tell me the SRT4 had more mods then slicks....
they r lethal on the highway...should drive/ride one and u'll see what i mean

RKSskier

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first I want to say that this is the craziest thread of all time!! So many posts in such a short time,
Ok, I think the sti is badass, stock its very very quick, one of the best balanced sports car on the market, and with minimal mods, can be even quicker for pretty cheap. But yes, if you want to mod a honda, it can beat an sti. Not i/h/e on a d16 civic, but boosting any motor, or even all motor with a K could do it.

"for every1 that said turbo thats crrect also..
ls, gsr, h22, type r, b16..any of those turbo'ed and tuned will hand a sti its ass on a silver platter"

^forgot the d16, gosh! A turbo d can do it. I hope that mine will be able to. d16 + turbo + light civic = fun ( I hope to be able to beat sti's from a roll when I first turbo my d16 with it stock, then once I get some stronger internals and up the boost, seeya..... but of course, my engine is not going to last as long as the sti's ( im just gunna boost the hell out of it, then if it last for only 2 years..... owell, ill pay another $300 and get another

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I rape STi's.... really really baddly lol 8) im so cool

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
they r lethal on the highway...should drive/ride one and u'll see what i mean
I have :thumbs up they are nice. but not as nice as a STi.

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
quicksilver1689 said:
sti has 276hp stock from factory? any mild honda buildup is capable of numbers in that figure. Any boosted honda motor can put numbers down similar to the sti. The handlign is a different story. AWD pwns period.
I dont know who lied to you but they dont have 276, My sti dynoed at 256 with a gredd cat back. the best stock sti that i have seen was 252 @ sea level. someone has been lieing to you my friend

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
slammedSI said:
I dont know who lied to you but they dont have 276, My sti dynoed at 256 with a gredd cat back. the best stock sti that i have seen was 252 @ sea level. someone has been lieing to you my friend
maybe he is thinking at the flywheel?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RKSskier said:
first I want to say that this is the craziest thread of all time!! So many posts in such a short time,
Ok, I think the sti is badass, stock its very very quick, one of the best balanced sports car on the market, and with minimal mods, can be even quicker for pretty cheap. But yes, if you want to mod a honda, it can beat an sti. Not i/h/e on a d16 civic, but boosting any motor, or even all motor with a K could do it.

"for every1 that said turbo thats crrect also..
ls, gsr, h22, type r, b16..any of those turbo'ed and tuned will hand a sti its ass on a silver platter"

^forgot the d16, gosh! A turbo d can do it. I hope that mine will be able to. d16 + turbo + light civic = fun ( I hope to be able to beat sti's from a roll when I first turbo my d16 with it stock, then once I get some stronger internals and up the boost, seeya..... but of course, my engine is not going to last as long as the sti's ( im just gunna boost the hell out of it, then if it last for only 2 years..... owell, ill pay another $300 and get another
eh...a boosted d16 (stock) can't beat an sti. there's seems to be waaaayyy too much expectations of a turbo civic. I mean sure they're quick, but don't get too cocky. Sti's come from the factory with around 300hp, that's not to the wheels. Even still, its like 240-250whp or something. Turbo civics on a stock block run 200whp (at most). 240whp > 200whp, especially when its AWD > FWD.

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
If you want to beat a STI then you have some money to spend. You'd have to be boosted, that's for sure ;)
ehhh, remember the K20 hatch that killed the EVO? he wasn't b00sted, but we're not sure if that video was real or not :lol:

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
eh...a boosted d16 (stock) can't beat an sti. there's seems to be waaaayyy too much expectations of a turbo civic. I mean sure they're quick, but don't get too cocky. Sti's come from the factory with around 300hp, that's not to the wheels. Even still, its like 240-250whp or something. Turbo civics on a stock block run 200whp (at most). 240whp > 200whp, especially when its AWD > FWD.
I think your mother was smoking rock during her first trimester of her pregnancy with you :lol:

I'm sure there's a few turbo D's with stock bottom ends that can beat a stock STI, I know a few turbo D's with stock internals that can hit low 12's. I've beaten a 300hp car but it wasn't AWD tho. I guess it's more power to weight. There is a vid of me beating the g35 coupe but the owner of the coupe will not send it to me for som reason, he wants to run me again :lol: When my friends see him they make fun of his ass too :oops:

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also an awd tranny is much more parasitic than an fwd or a rwd tranny