Taking out a mustang?

sparta531

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, decided on getting a b18c motorswap, been saving up for it, and prolly going to have to pick one up in a few weeks. Just trying to decide on how i can take my friend out in his v6 mustang. Which i know is not much, but i do know that they are 230 horses and 210 feet of torque or something like that. Anyway any help would be appreciated.

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
230 hp in a v6 mustang what year? and engine type?

d r i v e n

foul dog scut!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys, decided on getting a b18c motorswap, been saving up for it, and prolly going to have to pick one up in a few weeks. Just trying to decide on how i can take my friend out in his v6 mustang. Which i know is not much, but i do know that they are 230 horses and 210 feet of torque or something like that. Anyway any help would be appreciated.
A B18C powered Civic should have no problem taking out a V6 Mustang. As long as you do a cleanup job with the swap, don't skimp on parts and modifications, and know how to drive it. And if that's the case it's not even worth it. V6 Mustangs are not the least bit quick. What model Civic do you have? A Mustang GT would be a good challenge if you have an earlier gen hatchback or CRX. If you race, please do it legally. Thanks.

Omegastorm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude i had a four door 90 Teg with GSR swap and used to take V6 to house, until i threw a rod skid and Hit a tree then it was Junkyard house all the way LOL.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
phony pony should not be a challenge for a b18c swapped hatch

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its actually 225 horse, and thats in the newer 4.0l mustangs. My dad has an 05 and it was pretty restricted, with exhaust intake and a superchip we make 245, and not to piss anyone off cuz i love hondas and am not advocating for american cars, but that walks all over STOCK (except maybe exhaust intake) engine swap hondas.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My B20 Swap takes care of the "phony ponies" all day long. Im only at 150 to wheels. But the 147 in torque makes up the difference.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dunno man this stang looks pretty fast

;)

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My B20 Swap takes care of the "phony ponies" all day long. Im only at 150 to wheels. But the 147 in torque makes up the difference.
:word:

ponies are heavy. the extra power does not make up for the extra fat they carry around. my old man has an 06 gt and its really not that quick. fun yes, fast no. i think my old crvtec would hang with it no prob and that's in a 6th gen coupe, not a 5th gen hatch

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
shut the f**k up
Fag, i was just making a point. At 225 it probobly wouldnt touch a swapped hatch, and the superchip added a good amount of torque as well so it has a good take off, but if his buddy has a stock mustang then yea he'll probobly beat it. He wanted to know so i told him, everyone on here is gonna support honda all the way so i was telling him the truth, which is that we dont ALWAYS win.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you should not have a problem taking out the mustang. i took out a 5.0 notch back mustang by 2-3 cars in my b16 em1.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I highly doubt that unless you have some serious modifications done to your b16.