TEIN S. Tech's VS. Eibach Pro-Kit

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i definitely say go with Koni Yellows + Ground Control, that setup is amazing i don't think anybody will disagree with me on that one either

jonyg98civicex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
illuminas/ s.tech set-up is what i am trying to save up for, but i dont know if it will rub with 17's, a lot of people say it does, and some say it does not, Ill just have to find a shop with a hubcentric fender roller so i have i get enough clearance

But the only thing that i have seen with people who have had the s.techs is that the back looks like it has more of a drop than the front, even though the front is 1.9 and back is 1.7 i think it has to do with different fender clearance between the front and the back, but im not that sure

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
17's are too big for me. My buddy has 17's at stock height on his 99 coupe (same car as mine) and they're too big. I want either 15's or 16's.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aright so I've concluded S. Tech's... Now I want some opinions on this "beginner" setup...

By the end of this summer, this is the setup I want:

- Tokico Illumina Shocks
- TEIN S-Tech Lowering Springs
- NRG H-Brace
- 99-00 OEM SI Sway Bar + Poly Bushings (If they make 13MM ones)
- 99-00 OEM SI Front Strut Tower Bar

Now just a little bit of background info:
This car is strictly DD. It will not be seeing an impressive motor swap or a lot of power. I am one of the main drivers out of all my friends so there will be a lot of weight added on most of the summer. And for those fellow NY people, you know construction is up the wazoo and roads are s**t. This car will not be seeing the track or auto-crossing or any of that "fun" stuff. Strictly street but I want the extra umph (both with looks and function).

Input?

jonyg98civicex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
from what i have found out when i asked around about the Illumina/ S.tech , people love the set-up and it is great for an aggresive DD

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The S-Techs are not low at all when paired up with some 15" rims. Search in the Member's Rides section and you'll see.

Good things I hear: You can pair them up with stock shocks, you don't really need a camber kit (just use washers for the back and get an alignment), and they are not too aggressive. Oh yeah THEY ARE CHEAP!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BTW Amej8 where are you getting them?

1sikciv

5+ Year Member
i have S Tech's on my car with 15s the car is low but there is still a good sized gap in the front and rear. i like em. it was just the drop i was lookin for

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sorry I haven't replied. ClubCivic is f**king up on me and I haven't been able to access it for the past few days.

EK|B said:
He's dropped on S-Techs and have 16" rims and it looks hella good imo.
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=68520
That's too low for me. I changed my mind. I'm going with the Pro-Kit again. Only because the S-Tech's are softer and drop lower. And I'm the main driver out of all my friends so having a full car will drop the car even more and thats something I'm not going to risk. I'd rather just stick with stiffer springs that don't drop as much.

Besides, Pro-Kit's look fine with 16's. Evan's (sk8shorty) car is a perfect example of how I want my car to look when dropped.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
Besides, Pro-Kit's look fine with 16's. Evan's (sk8shorty) car is a perfect example of how I want my car to look when dropped.
thanks. But, my drop is mis-leading. With the koni shocks, you can adjust where the spring sits according to the shock. I have mine on the lowest setting (the spring sits lower according to the shock, thus the car sits lower). this is actually the main reason im getting some ground control coils, so that I can leave the perch at the normal height (spring sit correctly) and still get the same drop as now, if not more. The reason behind it is simple, with the spring sitting lower, the shock cant really move as easily - theres force on it to begin with if you will. So, the prokit, although not as low as mine, will still give a fairly good drop AND it handles amazingly.

PS> ill sell you mine if you want.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I read a lot of reviews and I heard the Pro-Kit alone handles nicely. And to be honest, I would get the Pro Dampeners (sp?) too since they're tuned to work with the Pro-Kit but I want something adjustable. Mainly to set it softest on long trips and such and then tune the shocks a bit harder for city driving or when having a full car.

And about buying yours, I'd love to bro but it's going to be a while haha. My first day at job #1 is saturday and still waiting for job #2 to call me. So go ahead and try to sell it. And if you still have it when I'm looking to buy, then we'll talk.

bennym

5+ Year Member
I have Eibach pro system kit (Prokit springs + Pro dampers). I never try any other combinations. From stock to this setup and with daily driving ( no track & no racing ). This is a very comfortable setup. It feels very nice over bumps and taking sharp turns. I can tell you that if you move from stock to this, you will not be disappointed. I don't want to spend time adjusting the rebound like some shocks such as Koni has to offer, so this is perfect for me. There's also a GSR sway bar on the back (14mm) and don't know if that helps the feel of my rides, anyway. There is about 2 finger gaps up front & one and a half on the back. So the front ride a little higher. I also have 17" with this setup. I went on many trips with 4 people on my car and it doesn't rub... just my feedback man, you judge ;-) Here are some pics, cheers :-)

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You may also be interested in some Sprint springs, they drop about 1.5" and are pretty nice at handling.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got pics of stechs on stock struts if you want to see any. lmk.

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have s techs and i must say that it is the perfect drop if you want to use stock shocks and not have a bumpy ride. in an earlier post u said that ur shocks are blown. if thats the case then look at h&r springs and illumina struts or ground controls and koni yellow struts

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorta off topic, but are the pro kit dampeners just like kyb gr2 and tokico blues or are they better?