The bastards love to F with me

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
....Yeah first thing that comes to my mind is turn the key counter clockwise. then slam into the brakes, then hmmm if it was in traffic and a second away from the car... hit the brakes really hard. but the first thing is to not panic. lol it's like when a lot of people catch a fire on their stove, they just make the flames even bigger because they panic.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
happened to me when i was driving my fathers old ss, scared the f**k out of me i threw it in neutral. But it wasnt the floor matt it just stuck

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i would literally s**t my pants. glad everyone was safe though.

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its happened to me before i just threw it in netural. I took my drivers side mat out because i didn't feel like paying for oem mats

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I remember on CC a while ago, someone posted a link to a nasioc thread about a guy in a wrx who's gas pedal got stock, the turbo spooled up and he couldn't control the car and slammed into a fence or a house or something...the thread went on for like a page and a half and then some guy goes, "Why didn't you just push the clutch in?"

If that ever happens to anyone, push the clutch in or throw it in neutral. I'd rather redline my engine then crash into a daycare center. Well, maybe.

junior1023

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Happened to me once. Wasnt the floor mat though. Was driving about 45 and was shifting gears, so I took my foot of the gas and pressed down on the clutch and realized the gas pedal didnt come up with my foot. Took abit of fighting, but I put my foot under the pedal and managed to pull it up. This happened about 2 weeks ago. Hasnt done it again since. Shits freaky

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah it hasnt happened to me but i know its a safety recall on the earlier civics. when i bought my OEM mats on ebay they came with the peg kit in the box. youcut a slit in the carpet and screw the peg into an existing hole in the sheet-metal under the carpet. it keeps the mat in pllace pretty well. my mats have moved forward a bit, but they seem to have stopped with enough room to not interfere with the accelerator.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i might have to look into these peg things. i can see holes in my carpet for em, but my floormats dont show any kind of hole for em...they are OE honda mats too..

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
happened to me once, and when i stopped my car was idling at like 4k rpms i was like what the f**k i opped the hood and was looking around to see if anything was wrong too

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
matt96ex said:
i might have to look into these peg things. i can see holes in my carpet for em, but my floormats dont show any kind of hole for em...they are OE honda mats too..
yeah on the early productions they didnt have a hole in the mat. you would take it into the dealer and they would install the grommet on the floor mat as well as add the peg to the floorboard.