_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
decided on a color.

matte black, not w/spraypaint.
should compliment the first molding cf lip, first molding cf wing, spoon cf mirrors

wheels will be 16x7.5 +7 [195.40.16] f. 16x9.5 +17 [205.40.16] r.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
In my opinion, you shouldnt do flat black.. why? because you spend your money on these expensive parts- i feel like they will look better with a nice paint, not a flat...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In my opinion, you shouldnt do flat black.. why? because you spend your money on these expensive parts- i feel like they will look better with a nice paint, not a flat...
x2 , matte black is cool and all, but with all the nice s**t you have, its gonna look like balls

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, its not going to look spray painted. its going to be done right, the matte really shows the body lines of a car, when done right.

here is my inspiration:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
matte black is played out, and i never thought it looked good on a civic, but its ur car..

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
still not feeling it, matte black on a civic just doesnt look right,

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my boy greyson is rolling mb:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya but i thought he didnt like it and it was just temporary?

plus his will look so much better when hes rocking some racing harts... =)

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, so much hate on MB :lol:
I personally love the color. As long as its done professionally, s**t will look great. Most people don't like it because it reminds them of all the other school kids who just spray paint their car black lol..all the uneven lines...etc.

I wanted to go a different color because I love gloss, and I love waxing the car...but then again how often do you see a professionally done flat or matte paint job on a civic? Not very often. And when its done right, it looks badass ;)

I say do it homie!

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a lot of mini trucks here on guam do that with black primer. they sand it down and make it kinda smooth.

Something like this

I know its not the same color, but it doesnt really look appealing to me especially on a sweet ass civic like yours.

thats just me though.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u planning on shaving ur bay and filling some holes?

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
u planning on shaving ur bay and filling some holes?
no im not shaving or filling, tucking yes, but u cant expand after everything is shaved, the seam sealer is being removed and reapplied but in a cleaner fashion and if i remove anything its going to be the studs from the OE fuel filter, and the bracket for the evap stuff.

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wendy i can fly.

:scared: iphone pics, sorry. better ones someday.

anyone know the wing? you wont see many in the states, 1 other then mine actually =)

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whoa, never noticed the black bumper and chipping paint off the lip. Whats with that? :shock:

s**t looks great though. I love this car :thumbup:

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
black bumper was munsters old bumper, mine got rear ended into when i had the rear fog in. the chip on the lip was from my old apexi N1 melted the lip and chipped the paint off. fixible fo sho.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah word. I take it your gonna leave the rear lip black until you respray the whole car?