The Hated Honda!

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
would you be caught driving around a pink volkswagon beetle?? I know I sure as hell wouldn't...
I wouldn't be caught dead, I'd be caught stuntin'. I'd rock that lil beetle hard.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not exactly sure what comment I made that stated I am building my car to impress other people... I did however say that it would be nice to see the look on peoples faces when I'm finished with my project, considering the dramatic change that is going to be done to it... .
I didn't want to get into this, but let me guess, you'r one of those antisocial kids that gets picked on in high school with very few friends. All the "cool kids" have their new cool cars, which you in order to gain acceptance need to modify your car up to their standards. Now your seeking revenge like you have something to prove, and that bothers you to the point you show awareness of the situation on the web. "Oh... I'll show those kids who's the boss when I'm finished with my imaginary build... Imagine the looks on their faces...!" The harsh fact is, no one cares about what you're gonna build or when it will be finished, it's the ricer mentality that's making you think this way. Your car is not going to change who you are, although it may seem that way in your younger years. Grow the f**k up, stop being so worried about what others think. I went through all these phases before, as I have gotten older I started to care less about what kids think, let alone Hondas in general.

If that says I'm a ricer then oh well... I guess i'm a f'n ricer....
You have the ricer mentality, as far as I know you don't even own a Honda.

anyway... that being said, i'm not leaving because some people think that i'm a ricer for caring what others think... i'm not trying to put up a false image like i'm some tough guy who only cares what I think and damn everyone else... weather you admit it or not everyone cares what people think.. would you be caught driving around a pink volkswagon beetle?? I know I sure as hell wouldn't...
Lol what does being tough have to do anything? If you like pink and VW's then why not? Oh I get it, the cool kids in your high school don't like pink beetles, so you can't stand them either. Before you try to go further trying to prove your invalid point, please realized that your logic is flawed.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't want to get into this, but let me guess, you'r one of those antisocial kids that gets picked on in high school with very few friends. All the "cool kids" have their new cool cars, which you in order to gain acceptance need to modify your car up to their standards. Now your seeking revenge like you have something to prove, and that bothers you to the point you show awareness of the situation on the web. "Oh... I'll show those kids who's the boss when I'm finished with my imaginary build... Imagine the looks on their faces...!" The harsh fact is, no one cares about what you're gonna build or when it will be finished, it's the ricer mentality that's making you think this way. Your car is not going to change who you are, although it may seem that way in your younger years. Grow the f**k up, stop being so worried about what others think. I went through all these phases before, as I have gotten older I started to care less about what kids think, let alone Hondas in general.
i think its the other way around. i think YOU were one of those kids in high school that went around saying "i dont care what anyone thinks about me" because you thought that made you cool to say it. giive me a break EVERYONE cares what people think about them, and anyone who has cars as a hobby has the same feelings. Why would you modify your car if it wasnt for other people to admire it? You dont even see it when your driving it. If this makes someone a ricer, then i guess im the first domestic SUV ricer because i like the attention i get from my truck

knuckk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just cant wait till I get this car set up.. all these little kids out on the strip that wanna race me every friday on my way home from work are gonna trip... 300hp is the goal... and where i'm from there isnt much (aside from some shelby's or a few modded camaro's) that is going to touch that..

your going to learn your lesson soon your going to be racing one day on a friday just like u said when a statie pulls you takes your car and then gets your license suspened for street racing and wreckless driving no point of street racing go to the track

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think its the other way around. i think YOU were one of those kids in high school that went around saying "i dont care what anyone thinks about me" because you thought that made you cool to say it. giive me a break EVERYONE cares what people think about them, and anyone who has cars as a hobby has the same feelings. Why would you modify your car if it wasnt for other people to admire it? You dont even see it when your driving it. If this makes someone a ricer, then i guess im the first domestic SUV ricer because i like the attention i get from my truck
Hell no, in high school I strived for attention just like you, and I worked hard to get it where I thought I wanted it. I had friends that worked on cars as well, I followed the trends and tried to keep my car updated to the liking of others. Of coarse ten years later, not even one of us are interested in it anymore. Around the half way point is when I started building for my own satisfaction, I stripped the trendy s**t off the car down to nothing and started to focus on drag racing. Running 12's was a goal I set for myself, and no one was to gain satisfaction from it other than me. If you still disagree I'm open to defend myself.

It may be just me but I highly dislike attention, and this is the only reason my civic has stayed in the garage undriven for the last two years. So are you still saying all people care what others think? Because I don't see it in myself. And I never called one person on this thread a ricer. I try not to use that term since everyone has their own definition of what it means.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm building my car. Not because of other people though. I am doing it for myself. My proof of that is the fact that my interior is done before my exterior. I could of bought a set of tires for the rims I have sitting up in my garage attack, but instead I bought Recaro's because I'll be sitting in them more. I don't laugh at the ebay exhaust's and pep boy rims... Because when I was getting started I rocked them. Ebay Altezza's, Ebay muffler, and some chrome wheels I bought for $100 of my bro.

And I don't hate on domestics either. I can't wait til I'm done with my honda. My next goal will be talking my dad's best friend into selling me his 1960 dodge charger so I can rebuild it. From what I understand when it was running, they had to sneak out of town to be able to drive it.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It may be just me but I highly dislike attention, and this is the only reason my civic has stayed in the garage undriven for the last two years. So are you still saying all people care what others think? Because I don't see it in myself. And I never called one person on this thread a ricer.
your car's stick! :thumbup: :cool:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hell no, in high school I strived for attention just like you, and I worked hard to get it where I thought I wanted it. I had friends that worked on cars as well, I followed the trends and tried to keep my car updated to the liking of others. Of coarse ten years later, not even one of us are interested in it anymore. Around the half way point is when I started building for my own satisfaction, I stripped the trendy s**t off the car down to nothing and started to focus on drag racing. Running 12's was a goal I set for myself, and no one was to gain satisfaction from it other than me. If you still disagree I'm open to defend myself.

It may be just me but I highly dislike attention, and this is the only reason my civic has stayed in the garage undriven for the last two years. So are you still saying all people care what others think? Because I don't see it in myself. And I never called one person on this thread a ricer. I try not to use that term since everyone has their own definition of what it means.
I like this post. :thumbs up

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why would you modify your car if it wasnt for other people to admire it? You dont even see it when your driving it. If this makes someone a ricer, then i guess im the first domestic SUV ricer because i like the attention i get from my truck
Having someone admire it and caring about what others think are two different things. It's not a big deal if you care what others think, it's just that some people just take it too seriously. I understand it's a part of any hobby, it goes along with competition.

4banger4life

5+ Year Member
:x

Having someone admire it and caring about what others think are two different things. It's not a big deal if you care what others think, it's just that some people just take it too seriously. I understand it's a part of any hobby, it goes along with competition.
i'll admit you never called me a ricer... not in those words, but you've been beating around the bush about it ever since you started posting in this thread...

I dont know how i rubbed you the wrong way, but whatever i did i'm sorry..

Heres the deeal.... I drive a LIME GREEN honda civic that I bought from my step dad to get back and forth from college/work... it had a 5 speed and a stock d15b in it that burns oil as fast as i can put it in... over the last year and a half I've saved up about $10,000 between the sale of my other vehicle and working almost enough to kill me...

Now after driving this car for a year and a half I have fallen in love with it... on the other hand I also realize that its a peice of junk, but instead of trashing it and getting something I dont really like, I would rather take that 10g's and drop it into this vehicle and make it something I can be proud of, and something that will get a little positive attention instead of "holy s**t look at that lime green civic blowing smoke clouds"

and by the way i'm 26 years old i've been out of school for 8 years and in high school i drove a formula firebird, so I've come a long way since my high school days...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'll admit you never called me a ricer... not in those words, but you've been beating around the bush about it ever since you started posting in this thread...

I dont know how i rubbed you the wrong way, but whatever i did i'm sorry..

Heres the deeal.... I drive a LIME GREEN honda civic that I bought from my step dad to get back and forth from college/work... it had a 5 speed and a stock d15b in it that burns oil as fast as i can put it in... over the last year and a half I've saved up about $10,000 between the sale of my other vehicle and working almost enough to kill me...

Now after driving this car for a year and a half I have fallen in love with it... on the other hand I also realize that its a peice of junk, but instead of trashing it and getting something I dont really like, I would rather take that 10g's and drop it into this vehicle and make it something I can be proud of, and something that will get a little positive attention instead of "holy s**t look at that lime green civic blowing smoke clouds"

and by the way i'm 26 years old i've been out of school for 8 years and in high school i drove a formula firebird, so I've come a long way since my high school days...

i say this with absolutely no disrespect.. but if the car is in the shape it appears to be (which is not too good) you really might want to consider a different base for your project..

SnowCivic

5+ Year Member
Dude, no wonder why people try to race you...
Agreed. That picture would have been good at the beginning of this thread. I'd pick up a new Civic if I were you, and start over. I understand how you've become attached to the car, as I have with mine, but sometimes you just need to let it go. That's just my .02

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey man, if you want to work on it... you do what you want to do. As long as the frame is in good shape, the engine and tranny can be replaced / rebuilt. I'll support you on that.

I'm sure people try to race you all the time. They try to race me and I've got a regular ass lowered black civic with some black rims. I can't imagine the attention you get in your lime green vic.

10G's.... there's quite a bit you can do with that. When you start modifying, you should make a build thread so we can see the progress.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow do I ever respect Destroy and joe7987 after reading this thread completely. I have sadly fallen in love with my piece of junk too. Sad to say it. I can't let it go. Got a question for Destroy and joe7987, if you are to build a car without the intention of getting attention would you call one a ricer? To get attention is one thing but to strive for it is another, is it not? I'd rather not want attention because then the police are on your ass.