the mystery problem, f**k

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont think its your timing belt. could be a injector. is your check engine light on yet?
no, but i dont know if the previous owner had a code and cleared it, but im sure it owuld have came back, im going to gte new injectors and a fuel fail, then iacv, then timing belt and if that doesn't fix the problem then f**k it i give up and will just continue to drive it the way it is knowing that it wont get fixed

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
i tightened my throttle cable. and it feels alot better. it wasn't very loose at all either, wonder if i fixed the problem or if it will come back in the next couple of weeks. gotta wait and see but it feels a hell of alot better.

john92civlx

budget builder :)
5+ Year Member
its your fuel injectors i had the same problem check them and i bet you have one thats fu%@ed

ps. dont smoke while ou do it

nissin67

Hatch-it!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so did you fix the problem?
or does it still runs badly?

if you have fixed this problem, plz do share it with us, i believe many of us are facing the same problem

manu

5+ Year Member
similar problem

I have similar problems on mine, i tried every thing too... what seemed to help was that I advanced my timing by 2 degrees and this made it much better.... this dosent solve the problem as i can still fell it in the second gear ... but it makes it better

AGD202

5+ Year Member
i adanced my timing a little too... it ran very well for a week and a half and its back today.

manu

5+ Year Member
Did the timing go back to the stock timing? I think mine might have too but I dont have a timing light to check it...

i adanced my timing a little too... it ran very well for a week and a half and its back today.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You could check the TPS easily though, it is easy to do. It should be at .5 at closed and 4.5 at WOT. If it isn't, then replace the tps, but you could get one off of any other car like an accord, prelude, or most other D seires or B if you can get one.

MilanoRR

5+ Year Member
i have the same probelms. I have a 97 ex with the Y8 and the damn thing feels like its pulling a boat. I've chanced cap, rotor, wires(NGK), plugs(ngk), fuel filter, oil filter, TPS, check the timing, checked cat, checked CAI, cleaned the IACV (which seems to help) seafoamed the intake and it runs smooter but still has no power. My next guess is replacing the IACV and fuel rail/injectors. After that comes the fuel pump.
Are any of you having Idle problems, like idling low/sporaticly?
If any figures this out, post it asap so i can fix it. THANKS! Good luck guys

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
mine has a stutter problem also, but im boosted, and my problem is running too rich. My greddy emanage is running an old version so i cant really mess with my fuel maps. Just thought id throw in my .02

EgHatch93

EG Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Id say injector problem... But I would have said 02 but you replaced that... Check your TPS too... Dont worry about the IACV just yet... Check the other things first...

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
my 93 is the same, replaced everything but the injectors. i have some 00 si injectors, would that be ok to swap out on a 93 ex? It is especially bad when the engine is cold.

got poi?

Mr JdmDc5
5+ Year Member
i have that issue too wit my civic i change every accept the ivac vavle? wat shoui do yo?

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Update!

bought an IACV cost me almost $200 im going to put it on tomorrow, any tips?
if this doesn't get my car running tip top im going to get new injectors, and last will be a new throttle body because you cant buy they TPS alone, all this will run me some fat dough but atleast my car will be running fresh