The *OFFICIAL* 6th Generation Intake Thread

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Can we get some pics please?! Im trying to build a database for others to look on when choosing an intake. =)

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
AEM CAI for a y8 fitted to a y7 motor w/y8 intake manifold.

Pros: decent power increase around 5k, cool sound at WOT
Cons: had to cut a hole for the pipe to go down behind the bumper, humming sound at idle.
I find it funny how DX's dont have that hole cut out like the EX's.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my first mod EVER was a doobla-intake made of 2 cone filters and PVC pipe from the hardware store pluming aisle. cons - sounded crappy, fell apart often. pros - cool points?

this is the air box from an Arospeed front mount intake kit, bought on eBay for about $70 (the whole kit), later trimmed the pipe to fit under the hood. it was incredibly loud, but definitely improved high end power at the expense of throttle response at low RPMs. the best pro - NO ONE else had this setup

stock air box with the resonator removed, using a Green high performance filter ($50). very quiet intake, greatly increased throttle response and low end torque. super sleeper too. kept this setup til the motor blew

Last edited:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mugenkid18: i had the same look'n set up with the front mount intake haha i wish i coulda taken pics with it on..but that was in my hella ricey stage,

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K&N Drop In

Pros: Cleanable, 1,000,000 warranty
Cons: Shitty airbox is still there.

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I find it funny how DX's dont have that hole cut out like the EX's.
Tell me about it. I could've shaved an hour off the install time (hole-cutting tools are limited in my garage) if I didn't have to cut that hole.:???:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Any more pictures guys? I need pictures please!

Also, im surprised no one has posted a pic of their password intake.

2000 EKCivicEX

i VTAK
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this is the air box from an Arospeed front mount intake kit, bought on eBay for about $70 (the whole kit), later trimmed the pipe to fit under the hood. it was incredibly loud, but definitely improved high end power at the expense of throttle response at low RPMs. the best pro - NO ONE else had this setup

that is awesome i would love to have that lol

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

that is awesome i would love to have that lol
I bet it would even be better with a hood scoop right where the filter is.:twisted:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm a huge fan of the password intake..

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ill try the ebay intakes
i found one for 40 bucks
dont use the ebay air filter they give you though, invest in an AEM dryflo. the ebay filters leak dust and dirt which will eventually kill your piston rings