The Prime'd Bastard

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad to see an update. I've hear skunk 2 adds high end but takes away from low end a little but that was on b series so don't quote me.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a friend who wants to sell his hx's for 200 and are in good shape...

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a friend who wants to sell his hx's for 200 and are in good shape...
Well, I don't have the money right now, it'll probably take me two-three weeks to get the money because i don't get my house back till next week, but I'm definitely interested.

Hmm, i might go Skunk2 if I can find out if It doesn't drop low end.

emerican

Registered VIP
i say skunk2 just to be able to brag as well lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, yeah I'll definitely go skunk2. And I'm gonna paint it black. Decided that since I'm spray painting it, black will be the easiest color to use haha. correct me if I'm wrong though. I kinda wanna get my Invidia cleaned up. I still don't know what the noise is, but I think it's gone now, but it's not as deep anymore. I wanna see how it sounds with a straight pipe. Haha. I like to drive it in my backyard/alleyway :P my mom yells at me though since I don't have my license but it's on our property so why not? haha. I really can't wait to dig into the engine since I don't have to drive it anymore. I really wanna throw a Z6 head on it just so it has a little more umph. I think the bottom end is in good shape right now. I haven't had any problems with the engine at all, except sometimes it doesn't start right, but that's because my fuel cut off wires are tied together, I need to get a real switch lol.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Been awhile with no pics haha. I got bored since I hadn't done anything to the whip for awhile, so I picked some paint up with the fresh $200 in my pocket.
First coat

Second Coat

In the bay

Got even more bored. haha I got the latch in so I painted this. it's gonna get sanded down anyways.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good, u should sand down the letters though. When do you plan on spray painting her?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I might do that today while I'm pulling the front out. And as for paint, I want to get the front out and straight again, then I need to find a bumper, get a new axle, and then I think I will paint it. I think I'm going to start painting the rear though and work my way to the front that way once the fronts done the rear will all be painted and I can just go ahead and finish the front. I wanna go pick up like 5 or 6 cans to do the bumper and tailgate tomorrow, but my dad won't be home till later haha.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just went out to take some more pictures. Sun came out, but I ran the engine so i can't take the rad cap off to take my radiator out so i'm not working on the front today. I might pick up my axle and tools next week.

The rust is starting to come through. :(

Also took a video inside the car to hear what it sounds like in the car.
http://ubuntuone.com/p/18N1/

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks. Funny thing is all the stripper my dad had was too old to do anything, so i just primed over the red, and threw on two coats of green, and it looks really good in person.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hahaha, sorry, paint stripper. that was a good one though. I don't work tomorrow so i guess it being wet was a good thing, cause I spend the whole day working on the car.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking good there, I'm pulling my valve cover off to fix some scratches on the edges, are you getting a new front bumper?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, eventually. Just trying to save right now. Most people want like 50+ for bumpers. I want a full oem bumper, no cuts or anything but sometimes that doesn't happen haha. I also need the screws cause I'm missing like 3.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just pm me when you want the wheels, i can get them then

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@1sikcivic; alright cool man, thanks. I'll let you know.

Most likely getting a bumper tomorrow night from civhatch92. Gonna do a ton to the whip tomorrow, day off.

Gare

Show then go.
5+ Year Member
Looking good...good luck with the bumper thing, and nice job on the vc.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks, so had a 50/50 kinda day. It went s***ty, and it went good.
Here's some pics of the day.
Bumper and wheels off

Pics of my progress, stupid f**ker wouldn't budge.

Random pic

VC w/ sanded letters

Pics of hood closed (no latch, fenders are pushed in so that's why the hood doesn't sit flush)

Possibly replacing this soon. I don't like how the boot isn't where it's supposed to be

Painted wheels. :D

New and old bumper next to each other

New bumper and painted wheels on

How she sits now

So yeah, still doesn't line up all correctly. This front end is really pissing me off. It won't pass if I don't get it fixed.