the stormtrooper

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i finally found one that i could live with, what you ask? a 2003 g35 coupe. run down of THIS car. 114,000 miles on it, a bit high but i live in northern california, were all cars are driven. i was looking for a white exterior, black interior 6 speed with brembos, buuuuuut i am moving to the bay area where traffic is horrid, and i thought i could give an auto a shot. found this one, it met the major requirements white and black. no brembos no six speed, but after driving it i dont really care about a six speed, its damn fast.
here are two quick iphone snaps of the car.

inside

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VERY NICE! I absolutely love G35s, but w/ the 6spd 'sport' option kit or whatever it's called. Pearl or black. Congrats sir!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice pickup man, my friend had a g35 coupe, she loved it.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Auto? f***ing for the lose......

You let me down big time Thomas.....

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Auto? f***ing for the lose......

You let me down big time Thomas.....
Well IF he were to use it for 1/4 mile purposes, they're faster than manuals. But he's not so meh. Still nicer than 90% of the cars on here.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vic a white/black/brembo/6 speed has not come up in the last 6 months of looking in my area, within my budget, most whites are white leather interior, not what i wanted. i can get a paddle shift kit for this car for about 300-500. the automatics have lower cost of maintenance. from what i have read the g35/350z have really crappy clutches, and they develop a chatter on launches and are really heavy clutches. if my old 300z is an indicator then it was something i did not want. its daily driven, and to be quite honest the thing is pretty damn fast as an auto, i dont miss the clutch in traffic at all :D

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i read somewhere that one out of 30 g coupes were white, 10% of all cars produced were 6 speed. so doing the math, 10,000 coupes were white, and only 1,000 were 6 speed. i cant/didnt find the stat on black interior on white, but i will tell you i did not see many in my searching. adjusting for totaling i would assume there are about 900 on the generous side of the exact base i was looking for, and people who were selling them on g35driver were asking almost 20k for a stock mid mileage one.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I know that automatics are fast in a straight line....but if I wanted to go fast in a straight line I would have twice as many cylinders as my current car that make the shape of the first letter of my first name.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice G35 man! My buddy has one of those, even though it didn't come with the extras, they're still very comfortable and awesome to drive. :thumbs up

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice G35 man! My buddy has one of those, even though it didn't come with the extras, they're still very comfortable and awesome to drive. :thumbs up
missed this post somehow... what extras are you referring to?

so last week i made a discovery: the dealer i bought the car from (a chevy dealer) put the wrong type of Manumatic Transmission Fluid in the car, and it was having some problems/ slipping took it to the dealer to get them to do a flush on the system, 15qts later my car runs a bit better; however i am thinking that it may need a new torque converter soon, so that will set back the mods for a few months...

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks! looking at a new mirror for the car, cant decide if i want to go with ganador mirrors or just keep the stock ones, any thoughts boys?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah beautiful car. sure as hell beats a civic

emerican

Registered VIP
very nice car man
What mods do you have planned for it after the problem is resolved?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well as of now : mirrors, cant decide to replace with stock, or go with ganador, like them but not too sure, cant find a pic with them on it.
lip, looking at the ing+1 lip, clean and makes the bumper look bigger, OR the nismo front bumper.
grill, 1 of 2 the350gt grill or one that is like stock just black slats in stead of the black chrome, painted infinity/nissan badge.
debadge the rear,
paint/cf rear diffuser cant decide if i want the cf or the satin finish rear insert above the exhaust
tint
rims something like a 19x10 +22 rim in the rear, looking at some volk te37 or some forged mesh rims concave of course ;) will be finished in a flat-ish black finish
1 inch drop
MAYBE the works bell paddle shift kit for it, not too sure on what i will do.

i cant decide on exhaust of this bad boy, it sounds sooooo nice from the factor i may just keep it.
its going to be daily driven so the "hardpark" park look is out
call it a day

what do you guys think?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
midgit snifn

did you know if you pull the badges off a G35 and leave them around my house this is what you get? after pulling the s hitty 3m clear bra off the car a full wash clay bar rubbing compound wax day we figured a couple low rent photos were in order. my attempts at making a great 12 mp camera take bad photos lol. enjoy

ps i haz skylines now biotches

Last edited by a moderator: