This is "MY BUILD" INSPIRATION

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update. I managed to get my hands on the correct steering knuckle. I actually did a straight trade with a guy for mines. Also found a type s coolant housing so I could utilize the new thermostat. Once that was done the lower hose had to just be cut to fit and I was good to go. Shifter cables are ran, ride height has been adjusted and still needs some more adjusting in the front. The rear is currently lower than the front. Might be time for a new set of coilovers. But anyway conversion harness is all set, heater hoses are all ran, suspension is all bolted up. Fluids are in the motor and trans and I did a test start and she actually fired up just a bit and then I shut it off until I can get the tuner over to load the correct base map for engine break in. Hopefully I take it for the first drive later tonight.

Bracket for the FPR came in. Gotta love those K-Tuned goodies that makes installs quick and easy.

I've had my friend who's shop I'm working in's personal EG hatch as a loaner for a few days now.

New knuckle for the manual rack.

When your all alone you improvise lol

Throwing the new thermostat on.

Back in business

Looks so different with the k in the engine bay.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Damn looks good man! Care to throw up a pic of the heater hoses? Lol it would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn looks good man! Care to throw up a pic of the heater hoses? Lol it would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. I used the stock hose for the side with the heater valve I just flipped it 180 degrees and I went and got a hose from AutoZone for the other side. One side is 5/8 for the fire wall and the other is 3/4 for the coolant pipe side. I'll get a picture of it tonight when I'm back at the shop.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So today I fired her up. I had Jamie Marsh from marsh tuning come down to help with start up. He is a very cool knowledgeable guy. Everything went okay. I have a few bugs I need to work out but for the most part things are looking good. My stock fuel pump is a issue which I knew would be. I already have a walbro 255 on the way. The other issue was my o2 sensor. It's not reading correctly so it was hard to tell if the adjustments where getting us to the target A/F ratio. I'm currently trying to trace my wiring to make sure everything is good. I did find that two wires were crossed on my o2 plug on the conversion side according to the hybrid instructions. Maybe the previous owner wired it wrong and just swapped the pins on their o2 idk. I'm also having a issue with the EDL which might be because I didn't solder any of my connections which I plan to go back and do. Hopefully this fixes my issue and I can get the car running smoother so I can work on those break-in miles. If this doesn't fix the issue I may either (1. Buy a brand new conversion harness (2. Buy a AEM wide band setup and run open loop. (3 buy a new OEM wideband. But b4 any of this I'm going to go threw my harness with a fine tooth comb. I still need to check some wires for resistance but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do so.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I went ahead and got a AEM wide band setup.

My walbro 255 pump came in so that's been installed.

Now I'm just waiting to hear back from my tuner so he can come back and make adjustments so hopefully I can take it for a drive.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Needed a gauge pod for my wideband so I just went and picked up a generic one from pep boys.

I simply removed the pillar. Drilled about a 5/8-3/4 hole and ran the wires behind the cluster.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I have bad news. The guy I got the block from had it rebuilt with new parts but he f**king used CP piston rings on stock pistons. I called CP on Friday asking them what was their procedure for breaking in their rings and when I told them I had stock pistons they said it won't work. Their rings are designed to be used with the groove width they machine into their pistons not oem. I drove the car around for a few mins and realized the motor is burning way to much oil. Noob mistake on my part not realizing this but hey s**t happens. So the new game plan is to get a k20a2/z1 long block and swap that in. Get the car running and get the exhaust done etc. Then take my k24a2 block and send it out to get machined and decked for 88x99 setup, I'll be using Manly H-beam connecting rods and 12.5:1 compression pistons. I haven't decided what brand yet still researching. Then I'll just take the k20 head and slap that on the built block. Hoping to have a motor by this weekend or sometime next week. I've already sources multiple long blocks in the tristate area. Hey it's apart of the game.

In other news the AEM wideband is working great as it should and I'm glade I made this purchase. As of now it's running as a stand alone system and I'm on a open loop map. I did some research and found out you can use the analog cable that comes with the kpro v3/4 to wire the wideband to function like the stock primary and run close loop which I prefer so the ecu can make the corrections and function the way it's meant to. I didn't have the analog cable but my friend I got my k-pro still had it so I went and picked it up.

Here are some picture of the car.

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I picked up the new longblock Saturday. It's a 03 k20a2. I dropped the swap and transferred everything over to the k20 and it's ready to be dropped in. I did the usual clean and paint that I've done to all my long blocks before dropping them in.

Swap being pulled out

K20 riding shotgun

A buddy let me have his valve cover. Black is a nice touch.

Ready to be installed tomorrow.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
FINALLY... drop the swap in and had a good friend of mines come by and upload his old k20 map. Car fired right up. Bleed the coolant systems, checked for leaks and took her to get her first fill up with the new motor. Going to meet up with my tuner today so he can adjust the map for my setup. Felt good to drive the car after almost a month of it being down. Still need to get the exhaust put on, I need new tires badly and I need to get an alignment asap. But all that will get taken care of after the holidays. Now I just want to relax and enjoy time with my family who I have barely seen in the last few weeks lol.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First pull after a little street tuning. Still need to get things done before hitting the dyno. Like I mentioned above I have a few things on the to-do list.

MACE

4 years of work/ I admire your patience.
Sounds strong man/10
That polished ktuned shifter sets it off
nice car man

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
4 years of work/ I admire your patience.
Sounds strong man/10
That polished ktuned shifter sets it off
nice car man
Thanks for the kind words. Yea I've learned a lot about patience during this build. It's far from done but definitely a milestone.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I've been driving the car here and there just trying to get use to is as well as break in the clutch. I've decided that I'm going to switch my hybrid cables for some oem cables. I just don't like how they feel and I've driven a friends car with the same exact shifter setup as me only using oem and his setup feel so much smoother and crips where as mines feel sloppy and kinda knotchy. Also did a quick alignment using some rope and two jack stands. It was cool and actually works. I had the toe is way to much so this was just done to bring it back out and get the car driving straight. I will be going on the rack for a proper alignment after getting new tires.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's up guys back with an update on the car. I've been really enjoying it here and there. I got new tires up front( replacing the rears after Christmas). I got my kteller 3" stainless steel exhaust installed, which mates to a 3" vibrant street power oval stealth muffler. I've always loved the deep tone of this muffler and it's the only one I've ever used. I also got a few fun runs in with some local friends of mines. One of which I have on video. I also recently noticed that one of my rear shocks on my function form type 1's is blown. So I'm trying to decide if I should replace that one shock or just get all new coilovers.

Nitto Neo Gen 205/50-15

Blown rear shock

My race against a buddy's k20 eg. I was still open header. He had a 90mm TB and an excessive intake manifold. I was surprised I kept up with him.

Last edited:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's gonna be so nice when you're tuned. Keep it up dude!