tinting tailights without paint

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
lol well said. and i have dx tail lights. i might look into getting those tail lights i posted then. after research first of course. and most people call anything rice these days. anyone that doesnt own a civic considers every civic rice. go to turbo civic videos on youtube and look at the comments lol everyone talks sh*t about civics even if its 500+ hp. go looks lol

JDMDRIVEREK

Yeah, its getting out of hand, Every Japanese vehicle is RICE because their made by Chinks.lol...But I dont pay them any attention. we get people talkin crap all the time at our meets an we tell them all the time.

f**kin MUSTANGS! Take Your DONKEY HOME!

Yeah get the one's you posted it will save you a head ache of trying to find a place to tint them for cheap and in general doing it..The alltezza 50/50's will look good....

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, its getting out of hand, Every Japanese vehicle is RICE because their made by Chinks.lol...But I dont pay them any attention. we get people talkin crap all the time at our meets an we tell them all the time.

f**kin MUSTANGS! Take Your DONKEY HOME!

Yeah get the one's you posted it will save you a head ache of trying to find a place to tint them for cheap and in general doing it..The alltezza 50/50's will look good....
.....Who says a mustang cant be rice? Noone hates on my car.... but then again I dont go around trying to make my car out to be something its not [a racecar] "Some" mustang owners are pricks and think there just awesome in every way but others respect a cleanly modified civic or other "import."

Civics get hated on for dumb ricers acting like there car is faster than it is or dressing it up in a very notflowing [<-thats a word] way. I have seen some NASTY riced out mustangs and it is even worse to see that since its so out of place. Altezza's are the first mod a ricer will do usually, maybe besides an intake. I even seen a beamer the other day with altezzas and some horrible graphics, I gagged a little.

Altezzas are fugly. period. Nissan Altimas FTL.

EDIT:

I have the same car as you but i went with the CBF tail light's with REAL CBF inserts...!

Lmao, The red emblem, the chrome rims, the mad jdm tyte plastic fiber tailights...........

simply wonderful

804vtec

dud if the black civics urs it looks nice and i was thinking about doing it also so i tried it and the tint just ouldnt stick it made me so dam mad but idk it mit workout 4 u

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i used VHT Nightshade, did it lightly and it comes off w/ paint thinner

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why is it always a battle between rice or not rice. If your car did not come with tints on the tail lights, IMO leave it alone unless you are a very good DIY'r or professional. I live in Philly where the rice runs high. The people that are usually into the rice have hoodies with dragons and skulls on them. It's time to grow up. OP do what ever you want to your car. You wanna put a ten foot spoiler, some 18 inch Crome painted wheels, TAIL LIGHT tint? WTF? Do it but when you post on a website/forum where the fad or craze is CLEAN not necessarily JDM, civics your going to get some haters. I for one do not care about your car or what you do to it but I do care about people BS attitudes and KNOW IT ALL minds. UCC has answered the question. If you want them tinted use the VHT or whatever. Not every thread has to be about what's rice or not. rice is some a*****e in a 800$ car with tints and shitty sound system and a hard ass tough guy look on his face . He could be in a limo, or a f**king ice cream truck if your an idiot your rice. f**k!!!!!!

EGcoupey7

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i personally think its your car dude so tint that sh$t out off those lights lol i think it looks good on civics my friend has his ek done don't go to dark he gets pulled over all the time

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
lol this thread is pretty old. i ended up just not doing it because it needed to be done professional. and its not rice. if it looks clean and good then it looks good to me. going by how people talk on here ur not rice if u have a front lip, si wheels, and fog lights. lol congrats regular everyday people say: hey theres another stock boring civic lol. rice=a personal opinon

Motoseeda

5+ Year Member
Ive tinted/painted acouple tailights and gave eyelids. It is really hard to do FYI. You literally cannot get all the bubbles out of them If you really want to do it, then paint them. And no i dont think its ricey. If you like it, then do it :word:

bmac9269

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive tinted/painted acouple tailights and gave eyelids. It is really hard to do FYI. You literally cannot get all the bubbles out of them If you really want to do it, then paint them. And no i dont think its ricey. If you like it, then do it :word:
its not hard to do at all unless u are using exterior paint with a toothbrush

Bliss88

haha i looked into this, just be careful *old person sentence alert* about what is legal and what's not in your area...but you can actually order online tint packs for head and tail lights in sooo many different colours, there are also vids on youtube on how to apply it, simple but not neccessarily EASY...but def can be done with a heat blower and application kit!! good luck

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i ended up just not doing it because it needed to be done professional.
If you can operate a spray can, you can use VHT Nite Shades.

My tails are smoked with three light coats of VHT, and I love them. I've been working with LED tail light bulbs to counteract the darkness.

Every day, though, I think about switching to 99-00 stock tails. I just can't decide which I'd like better. I've kept what I have so far, because if I'm 50 50 on it, it costs me nothing to switch, so I don't.

It's illegal in Virginia, but I haven't gotten pulled over in the four months or so I've had 'em like that. I also don't drive that fast usually, and have gotten half of my tails as bright as stock, so that's the trade-off.

EGcoupey7

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol this thread is pretty old. i ended up just not doing it because it needed to be done professional. and its not rice. if it looks clean and good then it looks good to me. going by how people talk on here ur not rice if u have a front lip, si wheels, and fog lights. lol congrats regular everyday people say: hey theres another stock boring civic lol. rice=a personal opinon
lmao dude ya i totally agree bro :lol:

devilzek84

5+ Year Member
yea its a peice of cake! if u go to auto barn or auto zone they have a small roll of tint that would cover the lights perfectly . jus make sure there clean and tint them as you would a window. i did it to mine. 50/50 black n red

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea its a peice of cake! if u go to auto barn or auto zone they have a small roll of tint that would cover the lights perfectly . jus make sure there clean and tint them as you would a window. i did it to mine. 50/50 black n red
:word: My cousin has them like you and they looke pretty cool...

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
ya i bought a roll and tried it when i first started this thread but im a perfectionist sadly and couldnt get all the bubbles out so i just gave up lol cuz i couldnt get it how i wanted

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My cousin painted them though, you should buy another set of lights and just change them when you get bored...