To Buy or not to Buy.....

I would....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voltio

formerly known as FAN8228
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I'm in the market for another vehicle. I've had my civic for 9 years now, and I feel I have outgrown the car. I came across a 2005 Jaguar X-Type with aprrox. 60k miles and they are asking $13k. I would like to know how some of the CC members feel about Jaguar X-Types. Have any experience with them? Are they reliable? Would you buy it? Poll above. Thanks in advance :cool:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The X-Type stock looking isn't much of a looker, with a drop and some nice rims, it's a beautiful car.

I'd say look at prices around your area for the same car and go from there, but for 13k, I'd probably pick it up.

Voltio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The X-Type stock looking isn't much of a looker, with a drop and some nice rims, it's a beautiful car.

I'd say look at prices around your area for the same car and go from there, but for 13k, I'd probably pick it up.
It's the sport package one. here is a pic:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not bad, love that color though.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Parts are expencive and they are a pain in the ass to work on ,and if u get it id sell it when it got about 110k miles . It is a nice car tho

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Parts are expencive and they are a pain in the ass to work on ,and if u get it id sell it when it got about 110k miles . It is a nice car tho
:word: I've heard that Jaguar makes the biggest piles of s**t ever. They look nice but, as stated above, they're a huge pain in the ass to work on. I'd stay as far away from it as possible IMO if I were you.....

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol its a FORD stay far away from it get a Benz or BMW. jaguar is currently owned by TATA motor inc out of india.

Voltio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
slammed=sexier
not really. I wouldn't slam a "luxury" car ever... too ghetto for me :oh:
besides, I would never totally slam any car ever again... not very functional.

This is good to know... this is more along the lines of the info/input I'm looking for. Other than the fact I like the visual appeal of the car, I don't know much about them, thanks.

lol its a FORD stay far away from it get a Benz or BMW. jaguar is currently owned by TATA motor inc out of india.
I know it's made by Ford, I have no problem with it. BMW I like, but everyone seems to have one.... and Benz's are nice, but the maintenance costs are a bit on the "too much for what you get" side of things.
I'm also looking at an Audi S4 2.0T...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Audi is MUCH hotter than a Jag. I vote Audi.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the s4 in your price range is a pile, repairs suck

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Voltio,

what type of car are you really looking for?

Voltio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
worst Jag EVER.
fact? opinion? both?

the s4 in your price range is a pile, repairs suck
what price range is that? :lol:
what would you recommend for the price range?

Voltio,

what type of car are you really looking for?
I'm looking at something that has a bit more "class" than my civic. I'm open to SUV's as well... I just like the style of this Jag and the price seemed pretty good. I'm in no rush to buy anything though.

Voltio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its really your choice but i wouldnt get it go with audi or bmw
I just want to see if anyone on here has had or knows of anyone who has had one and if they are notorious for certain problems or what not. Like all cars, some people will like the style, others won't. I do like the Audi, but I'm a little worried about the factory turbo, since I've heard they tend to have issues. BMW I like, but everyone seems to have a BMW around where I live :roll:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fact? opinion? both?

what price range is that? :lol:
what would you recommend for the price range?

I'm looking at something that has a bit more "class" than my civic. I'm open to SUV's as well... I just like the style of this Jag and the price seemed pretty good. I'm in no rush to buy anything though.
Are you done withe Hondas? They've got a few Classy models.
I don't know anything about Jaguars, but they are very nice looking cars.
I suppose you have to determine whether you want a domestic or import first.