1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Tokico Illumina VS Koni Yellow

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension' started by MolassesMyCivic, Mar 14, 2012.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MolassesMyCivic

MolassesMyCivic Autocrosser

Which set of shocks is better? I drive a 95 civic ex coupe, and I want to really step up my autoX game. Tell me your experiences regarding both!! =)
    Thanks

2. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I don't know if youre going to find too many people that have experience with both. I had Illuminas in combination with RS*R springs on my EM1 and did some autox. It was a pretty good setup. I appreciated the ability to adjust front bound/rebound seperate from the rear. Then when the autox was over, I could dial them back to street settings and drive home

3. MolassesMyCivic

What do you think about running illuminas w/stock springs? I'm trying to stay in the stock class for the time being.

4. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Koni Yellows are better.

But I love my Illumina's. I turn em down all the way during the winter or on long drives and then I turn them up for regular driving.

5. crash!

crash! Avi, pull your socks up. Registered VIP

x2 On Koni Yellows.

6. civexspeedy

civexspeedy New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Koni's are better and there's a sale here on ClubCivic for them for $350 shipped, can't beat it.

I have Koni's on both of the cars I AutoX and they are great. Probably the most popular and most widely used shock for AutoXing.

7. MolassesMyCivic

Wow. That deal is freaking awesome. However, it's $435 (even with the "New Years Savings" thing). Heck of a deal regardless. I've even got a month and a half to save for them. =) Thanks for pointing out that deal, man.

8. TigBitties

TigBitties Frame Bangin Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=207126

here they are 350

9. MolassesMyCivic

GAHH. I love you man. I want to smother my face in your Tiggies. I'm not actually sure if that's allowed on this site, tho. Thanks. Also, since I saw a few posts asking about whether they fit other models-specifically 92-95 civics-I'm assuming they fit mine? It says at the beginning of the thread that they fit 96-00 civics...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.