top speed

IVI4ssacre

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friend said he went 135 mph in his 2002 civic ex with a aem intake with headder back.. i dont think his basically stock honda would hit this speed with minor bolt-ons. I want to no if anybody has or herd of this speed being reached with his mods.. please post back... thnx

Ace$nyper

wow that proved alot......... I guess they do have fairly good areo and long gears still must have taken AGES.

and really 135 isn't that fast ask me what 155 and still pulling is like =)

IVI4ssacre

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i no 135 isn't fast. i'm have a 99 honda civic ex... and some mods and 122 it kicks back... also my katana does 160 and still pulls... i just dont believe him i think the computer would only let him hit about 125 tops.... he insist he went 135 and won't show me.. so i needs answers .. thmx

Ace$nyper

i dunno or really care about top speed i think they dont have limiters so its possible but i'm not 100%.

Prez

My Names JOhn...im kool.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are speed limiters in Hondas, the fuel cut will come shortly after you reach redline in 4th gear at like 120mph...

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im havin a problem with something in my car maybe he is 2!!!! for some reason my car gets to 120 like nuttin n if i ilde the car with my foot slighty on the gas n then gun it, it throws u in2 ur seat hard i made my brother hit it head n thats kinda what my car tops out at i do 120 n got like 500 more rpm 2 go

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EP3's dont have a fuel cut in 'em, but I dont know about the EM2's and ES's. 6thgen and lower has a fuel cut at 120mph though

BLURRY01CIVIC

Suk Me Sideways
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have done 127ish in my 01 civic and the Vtec limit has not been reached, but by then i feel like my pistons are going to say f**k it and break out, lol. i am pretty sure i can keeping going faster though!!

Ace$nyper

what you don't know about vtec limit

its when vtec is going so strong the motors going to blow cause the vtec is so intese!

:lol:

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ace$nyper said:
what you don't know about vtec limit

its when vtec is going so strong the motors going to blow cause the vtec is so intese!

:lol:
OIC......thats why we get VTEC controllers, so we can control the power of the VTEC! LOL
(I'm glad i didn't start out being that clueless)

Millhouse609

Blowin s**t up
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EF_CaSe said:
im havin a problem with something in my car maybe he is 2!!!! for some reason my car gets to 120 like nuttin n if i ilde the car with my foot slighty on the gas n then gun it, it throws u in2 ur seat hard i made my brother hit it head n thats kinda what my car tops out at i do 120 n got like 500 more rpm 2 go
and you still don't have a liscense....hmmm you coming to the h-t meet????

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn.. nobody really gave him a straight answer.. I would really like to know the answer to this question as well...

I have an 03 ex.. with CAI and a header and i'd like to know what my car can do... but i'm too freaked out by cops to try anything.....I know that before I got anything.. I got my car up to 120.. and it was just BARELY accelerating... I think it would have went to maybe 110 or so before it stopped accelerating.....

93b16hatch

Felony Racing LLC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IVI4ssacre said:
my friend said he went 135 mph in his 2002 civic ex with a aem intake with headder back.. i dont think his basically stock honda would hit this speed with minor bolt-ons. I want to no if anybody has or herd of this speed being reached with his mods.. please post back... thnx
135 is damb fast. how bout 160 :P

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

BLURRY01CIVIC

Suk Me Sideways
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i said Vtec limit, i was meaning when the Vtec kicks in at like 5500rpms. so, when i was going 127, the Vtec had not kicked in yet so i still had rpms to go. do you see what i mean now?

DominiYrk09

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill answer your question NO!! i used to have an o4 ex with v2 intake headers and pulleys and exhaust and when u hit lik 115 the needle was slowing down then at round 120 i was done no more speed. Almost no civic can reach 135. not even in one of the longest tracks in the world